Caldera Geneva - Margins - Help Me

JackVa1

I need advice on Margins here as I am ready to buy.

My guy wants me to buy the Geneva for 9500.00 . He does the electric ( I have a contractor here in my home doing electric who might just charge me 100,00 to run the 220 out to the patio)

He caved in and offered me a years worth of chemicals because he said he could not break the chemicals up into just a few months - a 250.00 Value.

He is willing to give me 12 months same as cash no interest financing which I need becauuse I am doing major home construction here. This seems to be a 400.00 value

I see folks in here bying these high end Caldera's for 7900 and 8500 and getting chemicals. Why is my dealer telling me that this is impossible? Is there a warehouse I can buy this Spa at? I do not want to be the jerk who over payed after taking three months to wet test 6 spa companies.

Is the electric hookup and "good local service" worth 1000.00 ?? Help me!!!

Thanks

Jack

A lot of people have paid in the 9s for a Caldera. Electric work is worth a good chunk of change too (I paid $750-800). I got a good deal, but don't only go by me. As I said before, I bought from a company (Rec warehouse) that has a large number of stores, and not the greatest reputation (though they have been great to work with).

Florida also may have to sell cheaper because the demand is less here.

Thanks

Jack

If the electric is included because I didn't catch that in your earlier post and people are always surprised at what that costs? You should consider getting a separate quote from someone on just the electrical to see what you're getting there and you may be surprised at how much it can run. Electrical hookup costs vary by the job and the length of the run but $1000 is not unique at all if that's what you're asking.

Thanks

Jack

If the electric is included because I didn't catch that in your earlier post and people are always surprised at what that costs? You should consider getting a separate quote from someone on just the electrical to see what you're getting there and you may be surprised at how much it can run. Electrical hookup costs vary by the job and the length of the run but $1000 is not unique at all if that's what you're asking.

I wouldn't let him mix the electrical cost in with the spa deal. You don't want a handyman hooking up a spa, you want a qualified electrician to ensure you are up to code and safe!

Get a firm price on the spa alone and 250 dollars for chems seems high so i wouldnt put mouch into that "throw in". If he won't give you a good deal then go somewhere else. the economy for spa dealers sucks right now so you're in the drivers seat as you don't need a spa as much as he needs your money to live. Take your time and look at all your options as it will save you thousands and you will know what you paid is a fair deal if you do your homework. I would also check out the box stores... home depot, Costco, Sam's ect... to see what your money will buy and give the big picture of the price range and options available to you.

You assume he's not a qualified electrician. I know numerous dealers that hold general contractors licenses and are qualified to build entire houses. In fact, having seen more licensed electricians skrew up spa installs, I would trust a spa dealer much more than a general electrician.

You assume he's not a qualified electrician. I know numerous dealers that hold general contractors licenses and are qualified to build entire houses. In fact, having seen more licensed electricians skrew up spa installs, I would trust a spa dealer much more than a general electrician.

You beat me to it and your points are dead on. He is a great big assumer!!!

Its all about how much money the guy wants to make OR how badly he wants to sell a spa. If the other dealer is reasonably close to you then buy from him. The $1000 you will save will pay a lot of service bills IF there is an repair needed. The warranty will cover the parts and some of the mileage.

Most electrical hookups that I have been part of have been $700 and up.

My inside breaker box is a clean shot 30 feet from the spot where the Geneva will be installed.

Some 220 Wire and a breaker. Who is paying over 800.00 for this? Ths is not rocket science. I need to know it anyone feels that 9500.00 is too much for a Geneva with 1 year same as cash and an easy electrical hook up.

I told the dealer that I would run the wire and breaker and he said that would not save me much. He also said that the 1 year same as cash is worth 400.00. (4%)

The Dealer also said that he would be there to support me and that no one can get a Geneva for 8500.00.

Thanks for all your contributions to the thread. I just don't want to over pay after wet testing 6 tub brands. I do want to squeeze another 500.00 off the price to cover my tax.

Jack

My inside breaker box is a clean shot 30 feet from the spot where the Geneva will be installed.

The electrical is not rocket science and 30’ isn’t bad but 1) competent qualified/certified electricians do not work cheap, 2) the materials (i.e. copper) is VERY expensive and has risen in true cost the past 10 years it is astonishing.

Its really simply, get an independent quote(s) for comparative reasons. That will give you all the info you need