Summer Spa Use - Please Help

ncspa

I have a bad back and am very close to purchasing a spa for therapeutic use. I live in central NC and I can imagine great winter nights in the tub. However, I'm wondering about summer use. I'd like to use this year-round (NEED to use it year round!), but I'm wondering if that's possible in warm climates like this. Does anyone out there have any advise or insight? Much appreciated.

Strangely enough it's just as good in the heat. Since you are mostly underwater it regulates your body temperature somewhat in the same way hot or cold. Now of course you will likely want to set it to a lower temp like 99-100 (personal preference!) but it will be just as good in summer as winter... why it will be even cheaper to maintain that 99 degrees when it's not cold outside and the sun is beaming on the cover

I have a bad back and am very close to purchasing a spa for therapeutic use. I live in central NC and I can imagine great winter nights in the tub. However, I'm wondering about summer use. I'd like to use this year-round (NEED to use it year round!), but I'm wondering if that's possible in warm climates like this. Does anyone out there have any advise or insight? Much appreciated.

Great news! Thanks for the insight....this forum seems to be great for that. Would appreciate any other comments from other folks. Happy tubbing!

Great news! Thanks for the insight....this forum seems to be great for that. Would appreciate any other comments from other folks. Happy tubbing!

I live in Western NC (Charlotte Area) have had a spa outside for a long time it is great use year round, I would suggets a shaded spot due to the rise in summer temp. it could too hot where you won't enjoy it during the summer months even at night.

Look for Shade, Good Luck

I'm curious how I'm going to keep the tub from turning off due to overtemp during the summer here in AZ. My pool will go to almost 100 in the middle of the summer. I know that other tub owners have mentioned putting spacers under the cover to allow it to breathe and prevent heat build-up. Any tips on how to keep the tub down to 104? Bags of Ice? :)

I'm curious how I'm going to keep the tub from turning off due to overtemp during the summer here in AZ. My pool will go to almost 100 in the middle of the summer. I know that other tub owners have mentioned putting spacers under the cover to allow it to breathe and prevent heat build-up. Any tips on how to keep the tub down to 104? Bags of Ice? :)

If you're not worried about a lot of rain, one thing you could do to keep the pump cooler is to leave the panel that covers the controls off of the side, which would allow air to flow in there.