Spa Magic Stinks!

ndloewen

This is my first post here, although I have spent hours reading posts. We are new owners since Christmas of an Infinity spa and love it! Although still just learning how to balance my water. We started out with Spa Magic in our brand new spa as friends use it and rave about it's benefits. I wanted the low maintenance it promised. We followed the directions to a T and within 2 days we had green, stinky water. So I shocked it and cleaned the filter as recommended, the water improved for another couple of days, and then the same thing all over again. I was repeating this every 2 days. Then my father came in our hot tub and developed a nasty hot tub rash. That was the last straw and I started adding Dichlor daily for the past week. I am planning to switch over to liquid bleach soon, but I'm still having trouble keeping the chlorine levels up on my test strip. Everything in my test strip is within normal limits except chlorine is still on the low side. I am waiting for my Taylor test kit. I am SO much happier with the chlorine system and I think the whole Spa Magic thing is a bunch of garbage! I don't understand how they can make such claims when it so obviously does not work without added sanitizer! Looking forward to soaking up all the wonderful info on this forum and enjoying my chlorine tub!!