Ph Readings Not Responsive To Chemicals

D1 Spa Newbie

The idea behind this is that the outside air is so much colder that it drops from 90 to 89 just as quickly as 102 to 101, the the computer is requesting at the same intervals. It is the intial heating of the water that takes the most juice. I have an economy mode on my tub. It allows me to have the tub only come on to heat dueing filter cycles. This happens 2x per day. My tub drops about 3-4 degrees between filter cycles. Having this on has made no difference in my electric bill as of yet. I have tried it several different times in the past 3 years at different outside temps. Maybe it is because my tub is so well insulated that I do not lose much heat I am not sure, but like I said before, our biggest concern in this area is the power going out in fridgid weather and having the tubs that much closer to freezing, specially where alot of these are second homes and no one is there to notice for a week. I would love to hear from someone in the electrical department too besides my dad, anyone out there??

Hmm, I guess... my hot tub is not so well insulated though (my first electric bill, from December, added some ungodly amount... something like $150, though I think I've blocked out the exact number)... so I feel like anything I can do is bound to help... I think it would be one thing if I was turning it down to 90 every night, and back up to 102 the next day, but when it's at 90 for 5 days in a row, then 102 for 2 or 3, it just seems like it can't hurt. The power outage part, however, certainly has crossed my mind :P Especially since we've had a couple so far this winter...

Tony