Anyone Know Of An Above Ground Pool That Does Not Have Those Ugly Top Rails?

looking for and oval or square pool that does not have those ugly resin or metal top rails and is flat on the sides (i.e. doesnt bow out between the support posts). a couple years back i saw a steel wall kit that had flat sides but can not find it again.

can anyone help?

Square pools are no good....Not structually sound. Ovals are better, but a quality unit will be almost 2x what a round costs. You get the most swimming area for you money with a round and they are the most structually sound, and easier to install (that's why they're so popular). Oval pools are a bit more to install (the burtresses should be strapped under the pool to eachother. )

Check out Esther Williams pools. They offer extruded alluminum top rails and posts, and rolled alluminum side walls, or extruded alluminum slats. IMHO, I think it is superior to steel or resin. But it will cost you a bit more.

Miandsh2000,

What do you mean by the ugly top rails? For the most part, all top rails to me look simillair, the bigget differences I see are the materials and width.

• 4 weeks later...

looking for and oval or square pool that does not have those ugly resin or metal top rails and is flat on the sides (i.e. doesnt bow out between the support posts). a couple years back i saw a steel wall kit that had flat sides but can not find it again.

can anyone help?

miandsh2000

Check out Doughboy-pools.com

Doughboy has been the AG industry for 60 years and there is a reason. The top rails (either steel or resin ) are very attractive. My personal favorite is Tuscany, you just have to see it to believe it, plus it has a 100% lifetime warranty on the whole pool! Going down the stright side of an oval should "bow" out because that is how a pool wall wants to naturally rest, so don't let that bother you. W/ doughboy you can also have a deep area up to 7' deep with their expandable liners.

Be sure to see that parts will be available for you in the long time future. Doughboy manufactures everything in one place and in the US !!! Plus check out their dleuxe skimmer.....it huge! So big that a hayward will fir inside of it!

Good Luck.

• 3 months later...

I am looking for a pool also. Anyway the only one that I have seen with small top rail is the Radiant pool.

It use be be called Trojan pools. They sound good but have not talked with anyone that has one or knows anything about them. You can check them out on the net, I think it is Radiantpool.com

I am looking for a pool also. Anyway the only one that I have seen with small top rail is the Radiant pool.

It use be be called Trojan pools. They sound good but have not talked with anyone that has one or knows anything about them. You can check them out on the net, I think it is Radiantpool.com

It is www.radiantpools.com.. I also like the Radiant Pool, especially the Metric above ground. Check it out. I have never seen one in person but I am hoping to chat with someone who has one. :)

• 5 months later...