Please Some Help For The Misguided

JKelly

Hello All, I need some opinions on a Sundance 680 Hawthorne. I've been on this board for a while now, but never saw anything on this model. I have a chance to purchase a floor model that was never filled with water for $6,800 including tax. One of my concerns is how huge this tub is. It's 7x8 by 7x8 and 36 inches high. I'm concerned that I gonna be shelling out more dough in electric because it has more water to keep hot.

Please, anybody with some feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, it will cost more to heat up 400 gallons than 300, but the difference in maintaining the temperature should not be a big deal unless the larger tub is designed differently (larger motors, different circulation system, etc.) A bigger tub can be a little easier to maintain good water quality for the same amount of usage. Also not a huge difference but an upside to more volume nonetheless. Sundance is generally considered to be a high quality product, so it really comes down to whether the tub fits your body and your needs. Buying the wrong tub for you just because the deal was good still leaves you with the wrong tub for you.

So thats like room for 6+ peeps? Chris W gave you great advice, but buying a spa is like buying a boat... it makes people *want* to be your friend ;-) So if you're a very social person who has alot of friends or wants alot of friends, your tub should help define that success. So ask yourself who you are going to be soaking *with*. If you prefer more one-on-one intense relationships and privacy, and you have no children, then buying an eight person hottub is maybe not for you. If that's your ball-park price, I would say you should have no problem getting something that fits ergonomically speaking (your height/weight), and something to fit you on a more personal level. However it's like a shopping cart and no matter what size you get it does have a tendency to fill to the maximum... your neighbors and co-workers and long lost family members will all get more friendly ;-) Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

So, did you decide to buy the Hawthorne? Two of the leading tubs on my list of possibilities right now are in the sundance 600 series - the hartford and burlington and - like you - I am having hard time finding anyone who has any knowledge or experience related to them. I am shopping here in CT and am looking at a hartford for 6300 and a burlington for 5300. I did have someone also quote me 6385 delivered for an 08 hawthorne or 7085 for one with all the extras.