Heated Air

devo

I'm considering a spa purchase. I have enjoyed several of my friends tubs and especially like the air bubble feature. I found several brands that feature heaters for the air to help cut the cooling the water when using air. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Forum search did not turn up any information on this topic.

I'm considering a spa purchase. I have enjoyed several of my friends tubs and especially like the air bubble feature. I found several brands that feature heaters for the air to help cut the cooling the water when using air. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Forum search did not turn up any information on this topic.

I've got an air blower on my spa. It gets most use during summer when cooling is not an issue. It does get quite a bit of use...more than I would have expected. The air gets drawn from the equipment compartment which is generally warm at the start. I would make a heater for the air blower a low priority as far a features go.

I've got an air blower on my spa. It gets most use during summer when cooling is not an issue. It does get quite a bit of use...more than I would have expected. The air gets drawn from the equipment compartment which is generally warm at the start. I would make a heater for the air blower a low priority as far a features go.

I own a Master Spa LSX700..it doesn't have an air blower, but has air intakes that do the same thing. The air is drown from the warm compartment, and cooling hasn't been an issue even during the cold months. The "heater for the air" feature that you mentioned sounds a bit like a sales gimic. I don't believe that a good quality spa will have any issues. I recommend that you go through previous posts to determine for yourself which spas are good quality. You will see the same 5 to 7 mentioned. If I were you, I would pick one of those and make sure that you buy from a local guy that is known to provide good service.

I might agree... it's not a topic because it's not a big issue. Perhaps not something really, necessary to purchase as an extra. However I'd be tempted if I lived where it gets *very* cold. It will add to your electricity cost though. I feel the cold air for about one second on mine, then it's undetectable. Realize that the air heater won't save you any energy costs that would be increased by using the air without an air heater (which would make the water heater have to work harder)