Where To Place A Hot Tub

jimster

Hi everyone Just found this website so im a newbe hope ive posted in the right place please can you help we are going to purchase a hot tub soon and would like to know where best to put one we would prefur to put it in a 8 x 10 conservatry would there be to much steam an condensation

Many thanks

IMHO, you ought to put it outdoors. If it's an indoor spa you want, join the local health club and use the indoor tub they've got. Ever wonder why there's no one in it?

We are planning ours on an outdoor patio with a roof on it because it will be near a door. We will have a beautiful view of the lake that is maye 100 feet from our patio.

Recently we have been discussing just enclosing the patio and having a glass (many sliding doors as the enclosure) view of the lake. It would become an indoor spa at this point. Sounds like some don't think this is a good idea. Our enclosed area would end up being 18 x 14 and we could add a bar area and some music. I would have screens for the glass sliding doors for 9 months of the year and just really close the door in the winter.

Bad idea?

Just some thoughts regarding indoor placement...which many of you may have already thought about.

1. Controling temperature of the space, particularly if it is within your living space...do you have adequate heating and AC for this added load?

2. Humidity control of the space, again, particularly if it is within your living space...do you have adequate heating, AC and humidy control for this added load?

3. Ventilating chemical fumes/odors...do you have adequate ventilation for this?

4. Potential for water damage...how can you handle leaks and/or condensation dripping on the floor within the structure?

Just some things to think about. There are solutions for each of these issues. Humidity and water can reak havoc on many types of building materials, if there is prolonged exposure. Planning ahead will make your long term soaking more enjoyable.

Many thanks for the advice infact I did own a cheap hot tub once and put it in a shed it was problems all the way it seems most would go with the outside option which is what I shall do However I do like the sound of the sliding doors with the roof 18x 14 with a BAR

One question if the Hot tub is outside due in winter if its not being used will this affect the electronics of the tub or is there any other call for concern

Thanks Again for your helpfull Tips

Many thanks for the advice infact I did own a cheap hot tub once and put it in a shed it was problems all the way it seems most would go with the outside option which is what I shall do However I do like the sound of the sliding doors with the roof 18x 14 with a BAR

One question if the Hot tub is outside due in winter if its not being used will this affect the electronics of the tub or is there any other call for concern

Thanks Again for your helpfull Tips

Modern Portable hot tubs are designed for outside use. The higher end top quality brands will last for 15=20 years or more being outside all there lives.

We are planning ours on an outdoor patio with a roof on it because it will be near a door. We will have a beautiful view of the lake that is maye 100 feet from our patio.

Recently we have been discussing just enclosing the patio and having a glass (many sliding doors as the enclosure) view of the lake. It would become an indoor spa at this point. Sounds like some don't think this is a good idea. Our enclosed area would end up being 18 x 14 and we could add a bar area and some music. I would have screens for the glass sliding doors for 9 months of the year and just really close the door in the winter.

Bad idea?

Jack there are a few manufactures that has some very nice enclosure kits. Here is a link to one of them.

calspas.com/gazebos/detail~a~27~b~2006.htm