Dealer Customer Service

vbfdsooty

Most on this board tout dealer service after the sale and I was a firm believer in this prior to my purchase. I have a 2007 D-1 Nautilus that is an awesome tub. I have posted here on my past troubles with my dealer and getting some issues fixed with my tub, but I will not get into that. My most recent experience happened like this. I called and told the service dept. that my upper control panel could not be read easily (the LEDS or something was malfunctioning). This is the second time the panel has been replaced. The technicians showed up without setting an appointment (as usual) and rang the doorbell. My 11 year old answered the door and the technician asked "what did you break this time"? Then my wife (who I failed to notify that I had called the dealer) walked out to the tub and asked what they were there to fix and the technician replied "why don't you call our office and ask"? Finally they replaced the panel and left without contacting my wife again about what they fixed. I have had continual problems like this with this dealer and was wondering if this is typical in this industry. I have been in a customer service business for 20+ years and if these people worked for me they would be fired. I have had a rocky relationship with my dealer since the purchase and feel I have been "blackballed". What do you dealers and service guys out there think? Do you have any advice on how I can overcome being the blackballed customer who complains every time. I truly am an easygoing person who rarely complains, but it happens every time with this dealer. <_<

Most on this board tout dealer service after the sale and I was a firm believer in this prior to my purchase. I have a 2007 D-1 Nautilus that is an awesome tub. I have posted here on my past troubles with my dealer and getting some issues fixed with my tub, but I will not get into that. My most recent experience happened like this. I called and told the service dept. that my upper control panel could not be read easily (the LEDS or something was malfunctioning). This is the second time the panel has been replaced. The technicians showed up without setting an appointment (as usual) and rang the doorbell. My 11 year old answered the door and the technician asked "what did you break this time"? Then my wife (who I failed to notify that I had called the dealer) walked out to the tub and asked what they were there to fix and the technician replied "why don't you call our office and ask"? Finally they replaced the panel and left without contacting my wife again about what they fixed. I have had continual problems like this with this dealer and was wondering if this is typical in this industry. I have been in a customer service business for 20+ years and if these people worked for me they would be fired. I have had a rocky relationship with my dealer since the purchase and feel I have been "blackballed". What do you dealers and service guys out there think? Do you have any advice on how I can overcome being the blackballed customer who complains every time. I truly am an easygoing person who rarely complains, but it happens every time with this dealer. <_<

It sounds like you are being treated poorly. I don't know maybe the dealer has another side to the story but it appears you simply are experiencing a very poor attitude of the dealer and their staff, that I would find totally unacceptable. I would contact the owner to try and resolve the issue. Let them know that you expect a phone and call and appointment before just showing up and that you expect them before leaving to let an adult in the home know what was done and if any further repairs are needed. If you do not feel that your dealer is going to treat you in a professional manner contact D-1 and see what they can do to help you.

It is an unfortunate reality that most spa builders have to contract their repairs out. you may have gotten a contractor and not a company employee. Not that contractors are bad, many are aces and do a good job.

But short of that the service industry is suffering with technicians that don't care.

Not all but many more then years ago.

I say this because I've heard the stories when I was called to correct something that was done improperly.

The service makes or breaks a company and too many just don't see it.

Maybe because the pricing has become so competitive that profits are just not there..I really don't know. But I do know it leaves a nitch in the market for service techs with good communication skills and knowledge.

When you find a tech that is good just keep him. Cheaper isn't always better.

That is after the warranty runs out.