Full Report On New Caldera C-45 Spa

SteveH

We just got our new Caldera C-45 delivered a week ago and we've used it every day since. Installation went well even with a layer of snow on the deck. We filled the tub up from our well in four installments and we had plenty of water. After filling we turned the tub on and one of the jets wasn't working. My wife and I freaked and were depressed all night while the tub warmed up. The next morning the tub was fully up to temperature and all the jets worked. There must have been an air pocket stuck in the jet pump or maybe some ice had formed that melted as the tub heated up.

We absolutely love this tub. It is the perfect size for two or three adults to comfortably move through the cycle of hydrotherapy. There are three primary seats in the spa and three secondary seats so I wouldn't recommend a fourth adult but a child would be fine. The jet pumps are very powerful and the foot jets in the lounger alone are worth the price of the spa. The volcano jet in floor well is very very powerful and works out tough muscles in the thighs and calves better than anything. We were often dissuaded by people when we were shopping to not get a lounger as they are useless and you float up in them. Well let me tell you; it's not true. The lounger in the C-45 is very comfortable and is quite deep and is angled so you don't float up; the footcups also help you stay in the lounger. My wife and I both agreed that we wish the neck pillows had adjustable positions as I am 6'4" and the Ecsta-seat pillow is a bit low for me but I am comfortable in every seat in this spa. Already one of the jet covers popped off but I'm told it happens and you just snap them back in.

We considered Marquis and Caldera and we're very glad we got the Caldera. It is the perfect spa for us and we are already feeling the benefits and stress relief.

Thanks for the report.

Welcome to Spatopia!

B)

Steve:

Thanks for the enthusiastic comments. We have had our C-45 for 1 1/2 month and love it. We didn't realize that some of the rotating jets can be set to be stationary or can be set to rotate just be moving them from center toward the outside. The lounge is one of the best features of the spa and you get a lot of spa for the money with Caldera quality.

Tony

• 3 weeks later...
I see no mention of the C-45 on Caldera's web page. Is it something new?

Yes and no. They have offered them for a couple of years now, first only through a handful of larger dealers, and then they made them available to all Caldera dealers.

They have taken some of the features off of similar Caldera tubs to make them simpler and less expensive - but they still seem to be pleasing the customers.

Some of those features are:

Colored lighting

Constant circ pump via small dedicated pump

Some jets

Ozone system - though I think they are "ozone ready."

Exterior lighting

etc.

B)