Suddenly No Power In My Cal Spa

Cassie

This looks like a helpful forum, so I'm hoping someone can help me out. The Cal Spa was inherited with the houe and I'm pretty sure its a 2200, but not positive.

Two nights ago I set up the hot tub for a christmas party. I'd been bad and hadn't been cleaning/running it lately, so the day before the party I filled it all the way up and balanced all the chemicals (It had enough water in it and was still doing the filtration cycle) and it seemed to be ready to go.

So that night, I was still doing dishes inside when my roommate and everyone else went out to the spa (yes, I'm the mother figure/land-lord here). All of the sudden, I heard from them that the jets didn't go on and the lights flickered.

Now, its set up in a gazebo with an overhead light, and that overhead light is still working. But the hot tub is simply not turning on. The temperature was at 100 degrees and it was on when I pulled up the cover. There were four people in the tub, so water was splashing down the sides. There is also a handle bar that has come loose inside, so i think water might leak in there, though I thougth I had that fixed.

Two days later (I've been sick and forgot about the hot tub till now) and it still isn't powering on or responding. I checked the circuit breakers and tried flipping them myself, but I'm not getting any reactions.

Any suggestions on what to do or what kind of person I should call to look at it?

Thanks in advance.

It sounds like a power supply problem so check the breaker on the house circut. There often is another breaker close by the spa in a small box mounted on a wall , and lastly there may be a GFI

Inside the service panel of the spa itself.

Why it tripped is another problem though. Anything from a bad motor or heater element ect.