New Caldera Aventine

jsrussell

Greetings, please allow myself to introduce myself..

Tonight I took delivery of a Caldera Aventine, small two person spa.

I'm having it wired for 230v tomorrow and hope to be enjoying it by the weekend. I have wanted a tub for many years and it's finally a reality. I'm a little worried about keeping up with the daily maitenance once the newness and excitement subside, we'll see how it goes. Also curious to see if I will continue to use it as much as I think I will.

Anyway, once I get a couple of soaks behind me I'll update this post with a review for future reference. The build quality and components are top notch. A nice champagne gloss acrylic.

Cheers!

I have only sold four or five Aventine tubs, but the folks who selected them sure seemed to be happy with them!

I had one running on the showroom floor and was impressed.

Welcome to spatopia! B)

had a 2 hour soak tonight in 33 degree rain. less important what you buy, but just buy somthing to allow you to enjoy the winter outdoors. would be hard to explain to those that have never experienced it.

the tub has been great, although having difficulty keeping up the chlorine levels. When i follow the tub instructions, there is no chlorine in the morning when i test, so i'm tripling the instructions for diclor.

otherwise love the tub, my wife has been out of town since i took delivery, so it can only get better from here. ;)

had a 2 hour soak tonight in 33 degree rain. less important what you buy, but just buy somthing to allow you to enjoy the winter outdoors. would be hard to explain to those that have never experienced it.

the tub has been great, although having difficulty keeping up the chlorine levels. When i follow the tub instructions, there is no chlorine in the morning when i test, so i'm tripling the instructions for diclor.

otherwise love the tub, my wife has been out of town since i took delivery, so it can only get better from here. ;)

Relax, no one can keep the chlorine levels up. You add and the next day its nill, that's normal. Because of that what I and many others do is to simply add chlorine after each use religiously and we know it'll be fine for the next soak. If you go 4 or 5 days in between soaks you just go out and supplement but otherwise the add as you exit method works great.

• 11 months later...

Hi I was just curious how your Aventine is doing one year later? Any regrets? Any advice? I'm been looking at smaller tubs for my home and am considering the la spas uno, hot springs jetsetter, and maybe now the Aventine. I'm trying to stay away from cheap tubs and want a small foot print therapy tub for myself for the lowest cost of ownership in a quality tub.

Hi I was just curious how your Aventine is doing one year later? Any regrets? Any advice? I'm been looking at smaller tubs for my home and am considering the la spas uno, hot springs jetsetter, and maybe now the Aventine. I'm trying to stay away from cheap tubs and want a small foot print therapy tub for myself for the lowest cost of ownership in a quality tub.

I don't think LA stands up to Caldera or Hot Spring (or D1, Jacuzzi, Marquis, Sundance and a few others for that matter). Then again, thats just my opinion.

I don't think LA stands up to Caldera or Hot Spring (or D1, Jacuzzi, Marquis, Sundance and a few others for that matter). Then again, thats just my opinion.

Thanks for the info. In another post I recently mentioned that beachcomber/LA is the only dealer that doesn't rub me the wrong way including hot springs, caldera, sundance, la, beachcomber, and d1. How do you think beachcomber fits in? Looks like a jetsetter is about 6200 and a similar beachcomber is 1k less. Hate to save only 1k for an inferior tub.