Which Mode Do You Stay In?

mike p

Got the hot tub set up. We will be using it daily for the next month atleast...what mode should i keep it in when not in use?

Sleep mode or economy and should i drop the temp down to 90 or so? We typically like it at 101 degrees F.

In winter i keep it at 104 degrees.

mine has three positions....STANDARD, ECONOMY, and SLEEP. I have left mine in ECONOMY the first 6 weeks so far at 100*F. WHen it gets cooler out might raise to 101*F.

Standard keeps temp within couple degrees of setting...24 hours a day.

Economy only heats the water during filteration cycles.

Sleep only heats the water to within 20*F of the setting

So far we have had a few days with nights in 30*F range and days in 50*F range and never found it lower than 97 or 98 in between the two filteration cycles. Good luck.

mike p, I have my tub set at 101 in standard mode. :P

I have my set to Standard Mode and at 102 degrees. The low pump/jets are working 24 hours a day at this temp (36 straight hours now).

When I had it set at 99/100, the pump/jets worked for about 12 hours and then shut off.

I am wondering that setting at 102 is just too high. I am hoping that the pumps/low jets will eventually turn off.

I am in the NE and the outside temp has been between 30-41 degrees, so its not better cold

Hi dil, is this a new spa? What kind is it? It seems like that would be running way to long just to maintain the temp. Are you sure it's been running constantly? How do you have your filter cycles set?

Hi, This is a brand new MasterSpa Legacy Envision Model. I've had it for 5 days now.

All the modes are set to the default:

Mode = Standard

FC = Normal (per manual ever 2 hours)

Temp = 102

There are three buttons on this model: (left to right)

Jets Temp Light

Jets are (appear to be on all the time),

Press once to turn Pump 1 on or off and to shift between low/high seepds

Low speed should turn off after 5 hours

second press, hi jets for 15 minutes.

I have not been able to turn off Pump 1.

mike p, I have my tub set at 101 in standard mode. :P

I have my set to Standard Mode and at 102 degrees. The low pump/jets are working 24 hours a day at this temp (36 straight hours now).

When I had it set at 99/100, the pump/jets worked for about 12 hours and then shut off.

I am wondering that setting at 102 is just too high. I am hoping that the pumps/low jets will eventually turn off.

I am in the NE and the outside temp has been between 30-41 degrees, so its not better cold

'dilauro', I'm not a professional spa person. Just a newbie, but that seems to be quite a long running time to maintain 102 degrees in those tempetures. :o How is your filtration cycle set up. It may be set to filter your tub in long durations (6,8 hours) resulting in the appearance of constant filtering. I'm sure you have your cover on, so aside from that the only other area that I'd look is insulation. There are some mechanical reasons I'm sure, that would allow the tub to run constantly but again, I can't advise you there. B)

dil, I just pulled up your owner's manual online. FC stands for continuous filtration. You need to change your filtration setting.

TinyBubbles!!!

Thanks for the quickest responses!

When I PUT FC that was only for the Filter Settings not that it is set at FC I check the setting it is set at 2hours.

I wish the dealer would respond as fast as you guys. I have had a call in for two days now with the same questions

dil, I just pulled up your owner's manual online. FC stands for continuous filtration. You need to change your filtration setting.

TinyBubbles!!!

When I PUT FC that was only for the Filter Settings not that it is set at FC I check the setting it is set at 2hours.

I wish the dealer would respond as fast as you guys. I have had a call in for two days now with the same questions

I believe that if the FC is set for 2 hours, that means it would filter for 2 hours every 12 hours, and not every 2 hours. You should also have a mode setting and from the sound of it, you must be running on Standard mode which will maintain your 102 deg setting. This means that if your temp drops below 102 then the pump kicks on to heat it back up. See if you have an Economy mode in which the pump will only go on for the 2hrs every 12hrs or 2 times per day as was mentioned before. If you use the tub daily, but not necessarily the same time every day, than you may want to consider sticking with the Standard mode. Some people time their soaks for either towards the end or after the Filtration Cycle while in Economy mode. You have control of when the Filtration Cycle goes on so you can time it around the time you usually soak. If you are not satisfied with the poor response you are getting from your dealer, you can email headquarters and I would bet you would hear back quickly. In fact you probably wouldnt have any problems with your dealer in the future.

TinyBubbles!!!

Hi Dilauro,

I have had the MS Legacy Enterprise for about 3 weeks now. You do have the econo mode and if you press the mode button it will rotate through three possible modes. If you have standard on at 102 I would imagine it will run quite often. I only use mine at night so I have been turning it down to the mid-80's and in econo mode at the end of the night. If you use the econo mode, then to get it back to tubbing temperature you just set your temperature back up and mode back to standard and it will take about 8 degrees an hour to get to your desired temp. Our units are not super insulated but I am waiting for my first electrical bill before deciding to add any additional insulation.

Best of luck.

I use my economy mode if I am not sure if I am going to use the spa as it does drop the temp a few degrees between the filter cycles when it is cooler out. If you use the economy mode you can just try to set it to standard mode a hour before you soak and if your spa is like mine it will be at full temp by that time and if you don't use the spa it isn't heating the spa as much so thereticaly saveing money?

If I am going to use the spa the next morning or day I will leave it in standard mode.

I haven't yet tried the sleep mode as I wonder if the temp will get to low should I decide to take a soak in the spa but I do want to do a test as it apparently doesen't allow the heater to kick in till the water temp drops tweenty degrees below the set point.

I use my economy mode if I am not sure if I am going to use the spa as it does drop the temp a few degrees between the filter cycles when it is cooler out. If you use the economy mode you can just try to set it to standard mode a hour before you soak and if your spa is like mine it will be at full temp by that time and if you don't use the spa it isn't heating the spa as much so thereticaly saveing money?

If I am going to use the spa the next morning or day I will leave it in standard mode.

I haven't yet tried the sleep mode as I wonder if the temp will get to low should I decide to take a soak in the spa but I do want to do a test as it apparently doesen't allow the heater to kick in till the water temp drops tweenty degrees below the set point.

I was talking with my dealer this morning.

He told me that in the area where live (Danbury, CT 75 miles north/east of NYC) that wit the CL&P electric billing rates, it would be more economical to keep the tub on Standard mode and at 100 or 101 degrees. He said dropping it to Economy Mode during the day and switching back up to SM or to get the temp back to 100/101 is going to send the electric meter spinning.

I know in terms of pure house electric heat that is true. Keeping at one standard temperature all the time is more economical than raising/lowering the thermostat 5-10 degrees.

I guess I never know until I get my first electric bill. But then again, I am not sure if that will be totally accurate. The first week of having my tub, I was playing around with the temperature, going from 98 to 103. Then with the switching in the filtering cycles, I wound up shutting the whole thing down twice and restarting from scratch.

If there are others out there with a MasterSpa Legacy (or I guess most hot tubs) in the colder areas, but not frigid, what settings have you found to be most economical and at the same time provide you with the comfort you want when you go in the tub