Dimante Grand Canyon Ii Swim Spa - Good Enough?

coolrigs

Coolrigs,

I have a Diamante Mojave tub and have seen the swim spa. I can tell you that in the first 5 months I am very happy with the spa. I am an electronics technician, so I checked the components of the tub carefully before purchasing, and believe they use quality components.

Diamante uses AO Smith pumps, which are very reliable and we use them in the electronics industry. The pumps are very powerful and my tub has 3 pumps, a circ pump, plus a blower. The controls are Balboa, the filtration is 240 sqft, ozone is 250mg. I think you'll find that the equipment is set up with quality and reliability in mind and compares favorably with other major brands, especially when you factor in price.

The redwood cabinet I have is just beautiful, I didn't care for their "forever glass" cabinet. It will take some maintenance, but I really like the look of the wood. They do have another cabinet material that is similar to what the "industry" is using these days, if you prefer that look and level of maintenance.

You have some choices in the shell. I chose the micro-biocide (or whatever they call it) in the Lunar Grey and I really like it. No problems with discoloration, cracking or anything like that, of course, it's way too early.

The tub seems to hold heat well, the weather is getting cold so we will find out for sure coming soon. Electric bills are modestly increased and I leave the tub in "standard" mode at 104.

I've never tested a swim spa, so I have no idea what kind of power it takes from the pumps to create enough resistance to swim against. I can tell you, the pumps and plumbing are maximized for flow rate. You will not see any 90 degree bends in the plumbing and the flow rate is amongst the best in the industry. Ask your dealer about the flow rates of the pumps, they were quite proud of it when I bought my tub, and they were right!

Make sure it has the equipment you want and make sure you buy it from a reputable dealer. There was someone on here questioning the present ownership of the company, you may want to check into that. I have had 1 service call and the timliness of parts arrival and response was very sufficient, in my case.

Good luck on your search!