Caldera Spas, Anyone Have Any Experience?

stevef

I'm now thinking about buying a caldera aspire after being unable to find a reputable dealer that had a D1 Lotus Bay in stock and not liking the Hot Springs Aria. My other choice is the Hot Springs Vanguard but I like the depth of the Caldera Aspire and now I know I don't want a lounger. I couldn't find any that I thought were comfortable. Any body had any experience with Caldera Spas or any of their Washington, DC area dealers?

Steve

Previously own another brand of spa for 12 years. Decided to upgrade and after looking at several of the top brands, decided on a Caldera C45 (similar to the Geneva). The c series is similar to their top line of spas without a few unnecsaary features to keep the price competitive. I have been extremely pleased with the quality of construction, assortment of jets and ability to control the flow at all the jets. You might want to ask the dealer if they have a C-30. I had a lounge before and decided not to get one on whatever new spa I buy. After wet testing the Caldera's, my wife and I both found the lounge extremely comfortable and bargain as to who gets the lounge first. We love the seat height of the Caldera and the C series acrries the same warranty as the Geneva.

I don't see the c-45 or the c-30 in the brochure the dealer gave me. Do they have another line of spas? I wet tested a few and liked the quality of the line. I wasn't sure about the dealer but he said they have been in business for 20 years. I'll give them a call and ask about the c-45. Is it anything like the Hawaiian which has 31 jets?

Steve

Caldera does not show the C series spas in their catalogues as the C line was created for a few select dealers as a competitive tool. They sold so well that most dealers are now able to stock them.

The C-45 is almost identical to the Geneva (Utopia series top of the line) with the exception that it has two less jets, does not have a continuous circulating pump (not really necessary in my opinion) no outside cabinet lights, and a different light system inside the tub. Due to no circulating pump, they use a different control panel. It runs about $1200 - $1500 less than the Geneva, but same warranty. The Aspite Aquatic Series is one step down in quality than the Utopia Series. I don't recall what the C-30 is equivalent to but it was about $500 less in cost that the C-45 and the C-45 had a lot more bang for the buck. SWEET DEAL and SPA

Caldera does not show the C series spas in their catalogues as the C line was created for a few select dealers as a competitive tool. They sold so well that most dealers are now able to stock them.

The C-45 is almost identical to the Geneva (Utopia series top of the line) with the exception that it has two less jets, does not have a continuous circulating pump (not really necessary in my opinion) no outside cabinet lights, and a different light system inside the tub. Due to no circulating pump, they use a different control panel. It runs about $1200 - $1500 less than the Geneva, but same warranty. The Aspite Aquatic Series is one step down in quality than the Utopia Series. I don't recall what the C-30 is equivalent to but it was about $500 less in cost that the C-45 and the C-45 had a lot more bang for the buck. SWEET DEAL and SPA

Would you happen to know the C series equivalent to the Niagara? This is the Caldera model I've been looking at, but I'm not sure I need the extra bells and whistles.

I was also interested in the Niagara, but didn't like the seats next to the filter as they seemed confining. As I mentioned in an earlier post, we did not want to get another spa with a lounge, but when wet testing the C-45, we found it very comfortable, great therapy and we can have a person sit at each end of the loung and be comfortable therfore accomodating 7 people.

I am almost ready to buy the Niagara but I don't like that mini lounger seat. I think it is a waste of space. I looked at the c-45 through this thread and one thing I liked about the Niagara and their other higher level models are the feet jets in the footwell. I thought they felt great. I am going back to the dealer today and take another look. I think they may have had a c-45 on the floor. I kind of remember one model with a number and not a name. Will let you know what I find out.

Steve

Steve:

I agreed about foot well jets and we liked that feature. However, we have been more than pleased with the C-45 beacuse there is a Euphoria jet in the foot well that can be reached from every seat for a fantastic foot massage. Also, the Europhia jets does a great job on your thighs and calves if you move your legs over it. The lounghe seat has a lot of jets for your feet and they can be turned on to the point that they are almost too strong when air is added. Our old spa never had these feautres and I didn't appreciate what we got until the wet test and getting it home.

Good luck in your search.