Used Ah-Some But Nothing Happened?

i have a Marquis spa, 390 gallons (a 660E, I think). I've had it for 4 months and use BaquaSpa to keep it clean/safe.

I wanted to change the water today and used Ah-some first. I put in 1TB + 1 tsp. It foamed a LOT, so much it crept up and spilled over the sides some. But aside from that ... Nothing. I was sort of looking forward to clearing gross clumps of goop from the spa but I got nothing.

My question - could I be lucky and have no gunk built up in the tub lines? Or is this a sign that I did something incorrectly? I used the ah-some with hot water (101F) so I'm sure it dissolved. And it foamed like crazy.

This is my second water change, we use the tub often (almost every day) and stay in for 30-45 minutes, so I like to change the water more often than the 3 month recommendation. Many thanks for any insight or advice.

4 months old has no bearing on this issue. New spas are heavily contaminated with manufacturing byproducts for the pumps and oil for the tubing runs to the jets. Oil hates water so they cannot get everything (nor do they care too!).

And leftover water will definitely be in those tubes. In the 3-4 weeks for deliver (or longer if in a warehouse), biofilms DO form.

That is surprising you got no activity. Throw a water clarifier in there and see what it produces. If you don't get any muck with that then I'd say your ok. You can always call Ahhsome and get a new sample out to make sure.

Thank you for the feedback. We decided to switch to a spa frog instead of the BacquaSpa for this round of water fill. I figure ... Might as well see if we like it better and at the very least, anything that lives in/ despite baquaspa might be susceptible to bromine. And it might be easier to manage.

BTW - I have been lurking and reading here a LOT the last year or so, while we were choosing a spa and then getting used to maintaining it. This forum has a lot of info and I appreciate all the things I've learned so far.

• 1 month later...

ahh-some is an extraordinarily effective purge product, which I have tested extensively. Did you put your filters into the vessel along with the ahh-some dosed water? the fact that you got no visible material release suggests that the spa is well maintained and that your startup process was effective at controlling the contaminants that were shipped with the spa from the factory.