Spaudiocast And 2009 Vanguard

Tadaia

Hopefully someone that works with these regularly can help.

I just bought a 2009 Vanguard tub without the audio system. While searching various accessories I found a "deal" online with a dealer going out of business and purchased a SpAudioCast system. He said it would be compatible with my new tub, but before I go a plugging in things I'd like to confirm this for certain. I'm an EE and spent many years as a tech before getting into management so I can follow the instructions for install. HOWEVER again, before I endeavor can anyone confirm the compatibility. Its doesnt seem the same system as would've come with the HT if I'd ordered it because those speakers would install in the shell light/cupholder openings. The system I just bought is older and the speakers mount on the side cabinet.

My concern here is compatibility with the spa's control box, connections, etc. Can someone please advise??

Hopefully someone that works with these regularly can help.

I just bought a 2009 Vanguard tub without the audio system. While searching various accessories I found a "deal" online with a dealer going out of business and purchased a SpAudioCast system. He said it would be compatible with my new tub, but before I go a plugging in things I'd like to confirm this for certain. I'm an EE and spent many years as a tech before getting into management so I can follow the instructions for install. HOWEVER again, before I endeavor can anyone confirm the compatibility. Its doesnt seem the same system as would've come with the HT if I'd ordered it because those speakers would install in the shell light/cupholder openings. The system I just bought is older and the speakers mount on the side cabinet.

My concern here is compatibility with the spa's control box, connections, etc. Can someone please advise??

I think it would be compatible with the controls. I think the change is the speakers. I would feel more comfortable if someone else chimes in. Petey? Jeremiah? Chas?

I think it would be compatible with the controls. I think the change is the speakers. I would feel more comfortable if someone else chimes in. Petey? Jeremiah? Chas?

Thanks Dan

I had a lengthy conversation with the seller before purchasing. He confirmed that the system worked with my new tub. When looking at the instructions however the power terminals on the tub's control board are numbered slightly different. I will need to buy extra quick disconnect y adapters to share the power terminals with the audio system. That's not a big deal but I guess I just want to ensure that the control board will accept the power requirements of the older audio system. The board may be designed for the newer system and it may have a lower requirement.

Frankly it's likely that I'm worried about nothing, but it doesn't hurt to try and get the nod from someone that might install these on a regular basis.

I called Watkins and have an answer in case of the remote possibility that someone has the same issue. ;)

The only incompatibility between the 2009 HS control board and the older version spAudiocast system is the 8 port hub that comes in the iCast system packaging. The old green board (1117701) is not compatible. You'll need to purchase the new blue board (74150). All else is fine.

Sounds like the side mounted fold up speakers. It should all be compatible.

I've installed many and it's not hard at all. Just time consuming.

Correct on the hub board. 74150.

Open all packaging and check the parts - they sent me an i-cast with an AC power supply for the receiver instead of the one that powers from the board. The customer had to run an extension cord to power it up.

Best case is to have the front of the spa facing where the transmitter is located.

If you want to run all the functions on the stereo receiver you can buy a headphone jack, 1/4" to mini-jack.

The package should include the Y adapters and you can also use the APM connections for power.

Sounds like the side mounted fold up speakers. It should all be compatible.

I've installed many and it's not hard at all. Just time consuming.

Correct on the hub board. 74150.

Open all packaging and check the parts - they sent me an i-cast with an AC power supply for the receiver instead of the one that powers from the board. The customer had to run an extension cord to power it up.

Best case is to have the front of the spa facing where the transmitter is located.

If you want to run all the functions on the stereo receiver you can buy a headphone jack, 1/4" to mini-jack.

The package should include the Y adapters and you can also use the APM connections for power.

Hi Peteyboy

Thanks for the advice! I'll double check that power supply. I discovered that both sets of power terminals were already used on the control board when originally installed. So I will need an extra set of Y adapters to connect both the flatpack pwr sply and the icast system. I'm hoping Radio Shack carries them. I expect to receive the hub next week. I'll post here when install is complete.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I received my 8 port card and installed. I have two questions/concerns however for anyone that can assist.

1. Should I see a light on the Flatpack Amp? I see one on the power supply.
  2. The remote will not sync with it's module. Is there a sync command to be used with the 2009 Hot Spring Vanguard?

Well I received my 8 port card and installed. I have two questions/concerns however for anyone that can assist.

1. Should I see a light on the Flatpack Amp? I see one on the power supply.
  2. The remote will not sync with it's module. Is there a sync command to be used with the 2009 Hot Spring Vanguard?

By the way I can hear audio through the speakers via the iCast system.

I don't think there is a light on the Amp.

Good luck with the remote control - I haven't had much luck using them with the stereo. There is too much interference from the stereo.

If you get the remote figured out let me know. The people I've talked with say forget it, it won't work, and that's been my experience.

I think the sync is a power down power up. You might try removing the batteries on the remote, powering down and up the spa and putting the batteries back in the remote.

I don't think there is a light on the Amp.

Good luck with the remote control - I haven't had much luck using them with the stereo. There is too much interference from the stereo.

If you get the remote figured out let me know. The people I've talked with say forget it, it won't work, and that's been my experience.

I think the sync is a power down power up. You might try removing the batteries on the remote, powering down and up the spa and putting the batteries back in the remote.

Thanks Peteyboy... I'll reluctantly call the dealer tomorrow to inquire about replacement of remote.

If I'd thought longer and better of it at the time I'd simply get the Balboa Dolphin remote and buy my own waterproof speakers. I've not gained much with this arrangement but wireless icast... and I didn't need that as I can run speaker wiring under the deck from the basement. The biggest advantage might've been the IQ2020 remote to operate both the tub and entertainment equipment. Since that seems to be the only thing that DOESN'T work it was a waste of money.

Lesson learned :(