Spa And Dealer Problems

Plantguy

I had a 2006 floor model D1 Lotus Bay installed approximately 2 weeks ago from a dealer 120 miles away. The dealer had no issue with the distance or being able to service a spa as he stated he had spas 'up and down the coast'. At the install 2 lights were blinking indicating I the spa needs service and I should call the dealer. The spa was missing 1 pillow, the steps were the wrong color, and many screws were stripped in the cabinet. The installer promised to check the next day on the issue. He also gave me different advice than my electrician on wiring and on his advice I let him redo the wire from my box and install the spa's wiring too. My electrician has since said his work did not need to be redone and sent me articles which seems to prove so. I noticed 3 days after the install a leak under one corner. Although I have phoned and left a message for the owner and emailed him I have not been able to get them to come back and service the spa for the leak or the blinking lights. I do not know what damage the leak may be causing. Any advice as to what action I should take next? Based on their behavior so far I have no confidence in their ability to provide adequate sevice and am considering asking for a full refund so I can go to a different dealer.

I would go directly to the manufacturer, and let them know if your issues can't be resolved you intend to report them to Better Business Bureau

Before you go ahead and do that, ask to speak to the owner and speak to him nicely and try that approach. If not, than go ahead and do that in a calm and collective manner. :)