Spa Pad

felix6

I went to the Marquis dealer today. Nice tubs. Very interested. The dealer told me I could place the tub on a spa mat. He sells them and says he will throw one in with the spa. He further told me I could place this spa pad on level ground and that is sufficient for warranty purposes. This would save a lot of work and expense using this. I am planning on putting paver around the spa after installation. I would love to go this route. Does anyone know if this spa pad is actually legitimate? Can I utilize this for another tub? We are also considering the Hot Springs Grandee. Will this work for that spa also? Any contribution with this would be greatly appreciated. I am planning on calling the spa manufacturers tomorrow but I don't know how easy it will be to get straight answers from them.

Does anyone know if this spa pad is actually legitimate? Can I utilize this for another tub? We are also considering the Hot Springs Grandee. Will this work for that spa also?

You don't say what kind of spa pad but there are a few out there that I've seen work well. Ask the Marquis and Hot Springs dealers to be sure but I'm nearly 100% sure you'll be fine with either on a standard spa pad, these are two sturdy brands.

I have one of those. It works well. But I think you should still prepare the sight, and put in some gravel or some other kind of base under the pad. I used gravel, with sand on top, just like if it were a concrete pad. I don't believe the people that say you can just throw it on the grass, and set your tub on it. I think it would settle or something.

as rick mentioned, i really think a prepared compacted flat level base is the most important, personally, i do not think the spa pads are all they are cracked up to be since they must flex at the interlock points under the weight of the spa. Since they are "Throwing them in", putting them over your base will provide a clean surface to sit your spa. Good luck and enjoy your spa!

Can I utilize this for another tub? We are also considering the Hot Springs Grandee. Will this work for that spa also? Any contribution with this would be greatly appreciated.

According to the pre delivery manual Grandee and Vista require a cement pad. All of the others can use pea gravel, pavers or railroad ties, and of course a cement pad.