New Tiger River Bengal - Display Not Working

lparsons

My wife and I took delivery on an 07 tiger river bengal, 230V permanently wired model, last week. The elecrician just finished the work on it this week and we were able to get into it the first time yesterday (Saturday, 9/22).

Today, I noticed the water was cloudy, so I shocked it to try to clear it up (as is recommended in the manual). After running the jets for about 10 minutes after, I went to check on it and noticed the display panel is no longer lighting up. Nothing is displayed at all. The jets work, both speeds. Both jet settings work, as well as the water feature. The underwater light comes on and dims correctly as well.

We just can't see anything on the display. Normally the icon on the display should light up to at least show that the jets are on, but even that doesn't come on. I've tried everything I could think of, including resetting the GFCI circuit breakers at the tub panel. Nothing has changed this at all.

Any ideas? I'll call the dealer tomorrow morning and ask them about it, but right now its Sunday evening, 9pm, and the wife and I would really like to jump in...

thanks

(update)

This problem seems very intermittent. This morning I was leaving for work, and was going to call the dealer before heading out the door so I could explain the problem to them. However, upon doing so I found that the display was again working (good thing I hadn't yet made the call). I started a clean cycle and left.

Then I returned later this same day, and found that again the display was blank. Still had control over jets & light, but no display. I called the dealer first, where I ended up forwarded to someone's voicemail. Voicemail was not helped by the fact that it had so much line static I couldn't tell when to start leaving my message.

I then called Watkins, just for the heck of it. Got through to a live person rather quickly, who of course told me to call my dealer. The suspected the control board for the display will need to be replaced, but said a technician will need to look at it first (from the dealer).

Hopefully I'll get lucky and the display will start working again by this evening so the wife and I can sit in it with some degree of confidence.

(9pm ET, 9/24/07)

If anyone's watching this thread, thought I'd mention that now we've lost all temperature control. For some inconceivable reason, the tub has decided it wants to operate at 94 degrees F. We've never intentionally set it that low, so why its doing that is beyond me. Since we can't use the control panel, we can't set it to a usable temp. I'll call the dealer again tomorrow and see if they have an ETA for our replacement part.

Bummer - dealer should be able to handle this easily.

Sorry to hear about it though.

B)

Bummer - dealer should be able to handle this easily.

Sorry to hear about it though.

B)

I did get ahold of the dealer's spa tech once yesterday. He said the control panel isn't a part they stock, and he'd have to order it. Hopefully he'll be able to get it reasonably quickly. He said he'd come out and look at it once the part comes in.

Anybody know how long it takes Watkins to get parts to their dealers? Should we raincheck our plans to have company over this weekend?