Excessive Dirt From Backfill In The Pool

robc

Hi -

I just had a semi-inground put in and during the backfill, a lot of dirt was dumped into the pool water. The installers claim it is normal and say it's up to me to get it out. I tried vacuuming but it's just too much dirt - my DE filter clogs within 30 seconds.

Can anyone please give me some suggestions as to how I might remove the dirt. I've thought about draining the pool but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Hi -

I just had a semi-inground put in and during the backfill, a lot of dirt was dumped into the pool water. The installers claim it is normal and say it's up to me to get it out. I tried vacuuming but it's just too much dirt - my DE filter clogs within 30 seconds.

Can anyone please give me some suggestions as to how I might remove the dirt. I've thought about draining the pool but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Vacuum to waste. If you can just get a syphon going and run the water and dirt to the ground.

Vacuum to waste. If you can just get a syphon going and run the water and dirt to the ground.

Hate to say this, but it is not "normal". They should have been more careful. But Tom is right. Bypass the filter and vacuum it directly out of the pool. You may have to add more water to make up for what you vac out. Good Luck

Hi all and thanks for the replies. I know it's not "normal" that they dumped dirt in the pool. I posted that question expecting that I'd have to get the dirt out myself but I was also making irate phone calls to the pool store at the same time.

I guess they finally saw it my way because they are coming tomorrow to vacuum it out. Amazing how well a threat to call the BBB works.

Thanks again,

Rob

Hi all and thanks for the replies. I know it's not "normal" that they dumped dirt in the pool. I posted that question expecting that I'd have to get the dirt out myself but I was also making irate phone calls to the pool store at the same time.

I guess they finally saw it my way because they are coming tomorrow to vacuum it out. Amazing how well a threat to call the BBB works.

Thanks again,

Rob

Good for you!