Sundance Factory Sale?

Johnny D

There has been some buzz the Sundance will be having a sale in Sept. I would have thought if this was true then this past weekend would have been the perfect time for it. In talking to one Sundance dealer he stated that Sundance doesn't set the retail price and the ony thing was a financing offer of something like 2% to 2009 but it cost the dealer 4%.

Anyone have any more solid info as I am getting ready to pull the trigger but don;t want to miss out.

Thanks,

There has been some buzz the Sundance will be having a sale in Sept. I would have thought if this was true then this past weekend would have been the perfect time for it. In talking to one Sundance dealer he stated that Sundance doesn't set the retail price and the ony thing was a financing offer of something like 2% to 2009 but it cost the dealer 4%.

Anyone have any more solid info as I am getting ready to pull the trigger but don;t want to miss out.

Thanks,

What you needed to do was to get a quote before September and then go back later and see if there was a change in price. Dealers have to make a certain margin to stay afloat and so does the manufacturer. We've all seen cases where they raise the price and then give money back in the form of a rebate/sale but in the end it's about the same bottom line so they just wrapped it in a different bow. I'm not sure what the case is here but you have to do your homework.

Thanks,

What you needed to do was to get a quote before September and then go back later and see if there was a change in price. Dealers have to make a certain margin to stay afloat and so does the manufacturer. We've all seen cases where they raise the price and then give money back in the form of a rebate/sale but in the end it's about the same bottom line so they just wrapped it in a different bow. I'm not sure what the case is here but you have to do your homework.

Great point. In fact I did do my homework. Two months ago, my son bought the Maxxus with steps, ozone tax and delivery + set up chems. I compared that price, from the same dealer, that he paid with what I was quoted, $10,000, and he used the same number. I added the stereo & spa remote (+900) and deleted the cover (-250) and lifter (-70) so the price was different because of those adjustments. So as far as I can see, no difference this month.

Thanks,

We just bought an Optima last night...we had a special deal thru a local Home and Garden show (9100.00 included 3 months supplies, lifter, steps ..all the normal inclusions but no stereo option). Anyway I asked about the Sundance special...thinking I might do better with that. The sign said "No Interest until 2009". It didn't indicate any slashed prices. The dealer was talking about a "Tent Sale" but I am thinking he was selling showroom spas 2007 models) that he'd be offering in the next few weeks. Which after attending the Home and Garden show...getting there on the 1st day....many floor models were sold some were marking their spas down by 2000.00 (manufacture deal) and then another 500 off on the show model. We went the last day of the 3 day event. If you can wait...check w/Sundance to see if they will be at a Home Show in a major city near you.

Good Luck.

Thanks,

We just bought an Optima last night...we had a special deal thru a local Home and Garden show (9100.00 included 3 months supplies, lifter, steps ..all the normal inclusions but no stereo option). Anyway I asked about the Sundance special...thinking I might do better with that. The sign said "No Interest until 2009". It didn't indicate any slashed prices. The dealer was talking about a "Tent Sale" but I am thinking he was selling showroom spas 2007 models) that he'd be offering in the next few weeks. Which after attending the Home and Garden show...getting there on the 1st day....many floor models were sold some were marking their spas down by 2000.00 (manufacture deal) and then another 500 off on the show model. We went the last day of the 3 day event. If you can wait...check w/Sundance to see if they will be at a Home Show in a major city near you.

Good Luck.

Thanks, the county fair starts this Friday so I'll check it out. Always plenty of spas for sale. We'lls ee if Sundance is there. Thanskf ro teh tip and good luck with your Optima. Post some pictures!