Is This Good Price? Arctic Klondiker And Avalanche

This will be my first spa purchase. I live in a very cold climate in Colorado and liked the information I found both within this forum and elsewhere, regarding the Arctic spas.

I have been quoted $8500 for either the Klondiker or the Avalanche -- both are 8 x 8, have 33 jets, 2 pumps, a waterfall, a Castcore cover, a cover lifter, steps and the price includes delivery.

But no ozonator.

I would appreciate any input. Thanks!

This will be my first spa purchase. I live in a very cold climate in Colorado and liked the information I found both within this forum and elsewhere, regarding the Arctic spas.

I have been quoted $8500 for either the Klondiker or the Avalanche -- both are 8 x 8, have 33 jets, 2 pumps, a waterfall, a Castcore cover, a cover lifter, steps and the price includes delivery.

But no ozonator.

I would appreciate any input. Thanks!

That is a decent price for that tub given the one down the block from my store sells the same one for 7,995.

Looks like a good price to me. The waterfall feature is worthless, IMO. I never use it on my Arctic tub. It's questionable as to how much good the ozonator does you. A friend of mine had an ozonatorless tub and had no problems keeping the water balanced.

Sounds like a great price to me also. I don't have ozone in my tub and have had no problems with my water chemistry. Ozone is to be used along with a regular sanitizer regime anyways, and only slightly lowers the amount of chemicals needed in your tub, so paying attention to your chems you won't really need ozone (I was going to opt for the ozone originally in my tub, my dealer told me i could always add it down the road if i wanted to and the extra expense might not be worth it to me, so i've tried it without and found i really don't need it). And both the Klondiker and Avalanche are nice tubs, I looked at the Klondiker for awhile, just don't have to room for an 8' tub at the present time (frontier is a nice tub, too).

The only real problem I have with Arctic is those silly spa names. Avalanche? I guess I could live with that one but "Klondiker"?? What's next, the "Yukon Cornellius" model???? :DB)

The names of our models reflect northern wildlife (Arctic Fox, Cub, Kodiak, the former Marmot and Husky), geophysical features (Avalanche, Frontier, Tundra, Summit), or our northern heritage (Klondiker, Yukon)

The Klondikers were the "thousands and thousands of people from around the world who left their jobs, their families, and their homes to join the great gold rushes to Alaska and the Klondike gold fields in the late nineteenth century." They followed the Chilcoot trail through Canada's Yukon Territory. See http://www.nps.gov/klgo/adhi/adhi3.htm.

A monument near the summit of the Chilcoot pass reads:

IN 1897 KLONDIKE STAMPEDERS BY

THE THOUSANDS FUNNELED OVER THIS

ANCIENT INDIAN TRAIL, ENDURING

INCREDIBLE DEPRIVATIONS AND

HARDSHIPS. THEIR TENACIOUS SPIRIT,

DOMINATING ALL OBSTACLES, CONTINUES

TO INSPIRE PIONEERS VENTURING NORTH

TO THE FUTURE.

Arctic Spas is proud to have named a spa, the Klondiker, in recognition of this spirit. Other Arctic Spa names, the Yukon and the Summit, also reflect this common Canadian and American heritage.

AFAIK we have no plans for a "Cornelius" model, but we will give serious consideration to the gold trim. :D

Arctic Spas is proud to have named a spa, the Klondiker, in recognition of this spirit. Other Arctic Spa names, the Yukon and the Summit, also reflect this common Canadian and American heritage.

AFAIK we have no plans for a "Cornelius" model, but we will give serious consideration to the gold trim. :D

I was mostly kidding (though a model named after Yukon Cornellius would be nice, maybe separate silver and gold editions). :P

The names of our models reflect northern wildlife (Arctic Fox, Cub, Kodiak, the former Marmot and Husky), geophysical features (Avalanche, Frontier, Tundra, Summit), or our northern heritage (Klondiker, Yukon)

The Klondikers were the "thousands and thousands of people from around the world who left their jobs, their families, and their homes to join the great gold rushes to Alaska and the Klondike gold fields in the late nineteenth century." They followed the Chilcoot trail through Canada's Yukon Territory. See http://www.nps.gov/klgo/adhi/adhi3.htm.

A monument near the summit of the Chilcoot pass reads:

IN 1897 KLONDIKE STAMPEDERS BY

THE THOUSANDS FUNNELED OVER THIS

ANCIENT INDIAN TRAIL, ENDURING

INCREDIBLE DEPRIVATIONS AND

HARDSHIPS. THEIR TENACIOUS SPIRIT,

DOMINATING ALL OBSTACLES, CONTINUES

TO INSPIRE PIONEERS VENTURING NORTH

TO THE FUTURE.

Hey Tom,

Maybe you could have a name the spa contest the next time you release a new model. :D

Hey Tom,

Maybe you could have a name the spa contest the next time you release a new model.

And get more suggestions like "Yukon Cornelius"? B) I think we'll pass...

I was ROTFL while trying to make my oh-so-straight reply to spatech earlier and forgot to mention the excellent account of the Klondike at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klondike_Gold_Rush.

On gold and silver trim, I found this at http://www.msmindy.com/rudolph/script.shtml:

Yukon Cornelius: You're going to stay with me and we'll all be rich with the biggest silver strike this side of Hudson Bay. Silver!!

Hermey: I thought you wanted gold.

Yukon Cornelius: I changed my mind.

So, no to gold trim. YC has changed his mind. The trim on Arctic Spas will stay silver.

And for a Yukon Cornelius model we can all enjoy, try http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink2566.html.

Tom

Yukon Cornelius: You're going to stay with me and we'll all be rich with the biggest silver strike this side of Hudson Bay. Silver!!

So, no to gold trim. YC has changed his mind The trim on Arctic Spas will stay silver.

Tom

LOL, I wasn't sure if people would get it. Still get a kick out of watching that with my kids.

You could even emboss YC's profile (or maybe just his pick) in the pillows.

Arctic Spas mascot

And get more suggestions like "Yukon Cornelius"? B) I think we'll pass...

I was ROTFL while trying to make my oh-so-straight reply to spatech earlier and forgot to mention the excellent account of the Klondike at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klondike_Gold_Rush.

On gold and silver trim, I found this at http://www.msmindy.com/rudolph/script.shtml:

So, no to gold trim. YC has changed his mind The trim on Arctic Spas will stay silver.

And for a Yukon Cornelius model we can all enjoy, try http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink2566.html.

Tom

Go home and have about a half dozen of those shots and then the name that spa contest will sound a lot more appealing. Just think of how entertaining it would be.

Im going home and trying that drink that sounds pretty good.