Platinum Costco Hottub

jerwin

Yes, agreed...there are different levels on products. As far as going to a dealer, and looking at the legend offered through Costco the dealer surely didn't give me any solid facts that there was indeed a level of difference,at least quality wise between the compared products. If that explanation isn't given where can one assume their extra money spent is going.....salesman commission or dealership profit or so called dealer support?? None of the visited dealers I went to would even compare their product to the legend...maybe lack of knowledge about the one offered through Costco...no idea...just know they didn't.

When I decided to buy my tub, many concerns went through my head.... What if I buy it and end up not using it as much as I thought? What if I get stuck with a crappy tub/dealer? When I decided to buy my tub the price, plus the fact I could return it with no questions, the options available and the immediate savings between it and a dealer tub secured the sale for me.

Since my purchase I have had nothing but a good experience with it. No matter how many experienced people claim this is a cheap tub I guess it really all depends on who is the one making that decision and the one paying for it. I never said it was better than a dealer purchased spa...I said its just as good for a lot less money! Lower, less, no as much however you want to say it...

Good post explaining yor methodology in looking for your spa though I definteily don't agree with the one part at teh end where you say "I said its just as good for a lot less money! ". Its definteily not as good as most of the premium spas out there IMO but as you noted, it is less money so its a matter of weighing those two against each other.

Tell us then what exactly makes it not as good????? Be specific and factual please. Inquiring minds want to know :ph34r:

Tell us then what exactly makes it not as good????? Be specific and factual please. Inquiring minds want to know :ph34r:

I've seen plenty of spas that had poor shells (?able fiberglass), weak frames, less than stellar equipment, cheap siding, cheap jets (cheap meaning they fall apart prematurely and not just due to chems) and VERY poor insulating properties. Now I'm not saying his is among the worst but IMO it is scewed more toward that end versus many of the premium spas out there (though I'd take his over spending premium money on a Thermospa or maybe a Cal Spa so its not like all premium priced spas are top notch).

I just don't understand why we're not allowed to have these opinions. Are we going to have to take measurements and have them certified with Llyods of London before they count?