Installing Liner Myself

flibotte

I need to replace my inground pool liner 16X25 and I got several quotes in the 4-5K range. I found a website online that will make me a liner for about $900. My question is how hard is it to install the liner myself? The website has a pretty good instruction page and it seems like the critical part is getting all the mesurements correct. Any advice would be very helpful.

Your quotes seem a little on the high end. i would expect the quotes to come in at around 3K for that size. Measuring the liner correctly is definitely the critical thing. If you are wrong you've just bought a $900 boat cover. Once measured you will need replacement faceplates, and gaskets as well as some patching material for any rough spots on the bottom. If your walls are rusty you will also need wall foam. It is critical that you position the liner correctly when putting the liner in. Finally you need a vacuum to hold the liner in place as it fills. You'll have to make a liner holder if you have a step. I use plywood and a piece of coping.

Your quotes seem a little on the high end. i would expect the quotes to come in at around 3K for that size. Measuring the liner correctly is definitely the critical thing. If you are wrong you've just bought a $900 boat cover. Once measured you will need replacement faceplates, and gaskets as well as some patching material for any rough spots on the bottom. If your walls are rusty you will also need wall foam. It is critical that you position the liner correctly when putting the liner in. Finally you need a vacuum to hold the liner in place as it fills. You'll have to make a liner holder if you have a step. I use plywood and a piece of coping.

You can install the liner yourself, but as stated above just make sure you measure correctly. You will need to submit a drawing showing not just the length and width, but the depth of the walls, the size of the shallow end, hopper dimentions, etc. That is why you may be better off having professionals do it. We sell a liner that size approx. $900 for the liner. Installation labor is approx. $900 - $1000. But as Sunbuilt said you will probably need replacement faceplates and the bottom retouched. And once the old liner is out, you never know what you're going to find.

You can install the liner yourself, but as stated above just make sure you measure correctly. You will need to submit a drawing showing not just the length and width, but the depth of the walls, the size of the shallow end, hopper dimentions, etc. That is why you may be better off having professionals do it. We sell a liner that size approx. $900 for the liner. Installation labor is approx. $900 - $1000. But as Sunbuilt said you will probably need replacement faceplates and the bottom retouched. And once the old liner is out, you never know what you're going to find.

5 grand is way way way high. As you found, the liner costs about 900 dollars. On that job, I would charge about 2500 at the most, but would end up agreeing to somewhere in the neighborhood of 2200.00.

If you want to tackle it yourself, try to get 4 people including yourself. A pro could do it with 2, but 4 is much easier. And you only need those 4 for about an hour during the stage where you drop the liner in and align it.

there are many tricks to this, but I do know people who have gotten decent results. Do yourself a favor and get some more quotes. You may decide that a day of your life and your buddies might be worth the extra grand you might spend.