30" Or 33" Hight - A Big Deal?

I'm looking further in D1 spas and have narrowed down my choices to Seville, Arena or Aurora II - and maybe the Cove from the @ Home series (with Ozone and shell up grades). Here are some of my questions:

1. Does the hight make that much difference? I like the short spas better (Seville), you'll be submerged in water in all spas - I am thinking it's mostly a how-bent-are-your-knees issue - like sitting in a sedan vs. a SUV. The taller ones are comfier but not as big of a deal when you have a lounge chair position for that.

2. It seems to me it might be a wise idea to NOT go with the high end of product line - all the major stuff (structural, heater) are the same anyways and you can get some other important stuff as add-ons and save some money. In this case, the D1 @ Home series The Cove rather than going with Seville which is very similar in size/design but it's from the top line Bay series.

Any further input on D1 spas, the models I'm looking at and/or prices would be appriciated.

Thanks!

I'm looking further in D1 spas and have narrowed down my choices to Seville, Arena or Aurora II - and maybe the Cove from the @ Home series (with Ozone and shell up grades). Here are some of my questions:

1. Does the hight make that much difference? I like the short spas better (Seville), you'll be submerged in water in all spas - I am thinking it's mostly a how-bent-are-your-knees issue - like sitting in a sedan vs. a SUV. The taller ones are comfier but not as big of a deal when you have a lounge chair position for that.

2. It seems to me it might be a wise idea to NOT go with the high end of product line - all the major stuff (structural, heater) are the same anyways and you can get some other important stuff as add-ons and save some money. In this case, the D1 @ Home series The Cove rather than going with Seville which is very similar in size/design but it's from the top line Bay series.

Any further input on D1 spas, the models I'm looking at and/or prices would be appriciated.

Thanks!

Does the height make a difference? WET TEST. it's the only way to find out if it makes a difference for you.

Definitely follow Trigger's advice and wet test. I have had both a D1 Interlude (shallow) and now a Chairman(deep), and I prefer the deeper model, but it all comes down to how the geometry of the tub suits your body. The other thing to test is the jets. The smaller jets tend to be less "therapudic" or "massage-like", but you may find you prefer them.

There is a case to be made for simpler is better. However, make sure there are enough features/jets/pressure to give you the spa experience that you want. Of the models you mention, I like the Arena II the best. It has nice powerful jet combinations, very good ingress/egress with the step, has a strong foot jet, and I don't think its that much more than the other models by the time you deal. The lounge was a little tight on my shoulder, so I went to the wider Chairman.

I was very happy with my D1 Interlude - its 13 years old now and still running well for a friend. With the D1's I would recommend the Ultralife Alpine white material. It comes with a longer warranty than the fiberglass/acrylic interiors, and I think its a little softer and more comfortable to sit it. (Although...its not quite as cool looking as some of the acrylics...)

Good luck and enjoy!