Spa Or Hot Tub?

Hey Hot-Water people,

We are getting a house with perfect setting for hot water body - a hot tub or a spa. I've looked at http://www.rhtubs.com/ where they make great looking Western Red Cedar hot tubs; the peps there are nice and a wood tub matches the redwoods in the hill side back yard great.

On the other hand, Spas are more comfy to sit in, more jets, placed at different hights, etc. etc.

I am trying to narrow down my choice between the two. I have only looked at Hot Spring Spas thus far. Have any dirt on either choices? What are the pros and cons in your expert - more expert than mine anyway - opinion?

I'd want to build a deck around the spa, so that spa would be at the same level as the deck and you can step down into it. Am I shooting myself in the foot by building something rather permenant around a "portable" spa?

Thanks in advance!

-m

I'd want to build a deck around the spa, so that spa would be at the same level as the deck and you can step down into it. Am I shooting myself in the foot by building something rather permenant around a "portable" spa?

Lots of people build a deck around their tub but a lot of planning should go into it. Make sure you leave access to the front/control panel side for sure and also make sure that in the event of a problem the spa can be removed and replaced without too much effort.

We opted to set ours on a slab which prevents these issues.

Good luck.

P.S.

We also went with a Hot Springs and love it.

Lots of people build a deck around their tub but a lot of planning should go into it. Make sure you leave access to the front/control panel side for sure and also make sure that in the event of a problem the spa can be removed and replaced without too much effort.

We opted to set ours on a slab which prevents these issues.

Good luck.

P.S.

We also went with a Hot Springs and love it.

Thanks for writing; which HotSpring spa did you go with? I think we will most likely build a deck but make sure the spa is accessible incase it needs work/replacement. Also, I need to decide if we need to build a concrete base for it or put it on a concrete pad or "pre cast stepping stone.