Purchase - Sundance Optima?

dp4sc

Hello everyone! Glad I found this place...looks like some very useful advice and help here.

Here is my deal. I just had my old tub (United Spa - very basic) hit the skids - heating element went, so I have been thinking about upgrading to a new spa. (why pay Went to the local dealers here in Roseville, CA (near Sacramento) and looked at a few. We went to a Hot Springs, Sundance and a Clearwater dealer. Here is what we liked and the prices we were quoted:

All spas were delivered, set-up, removal of old spa, with steps, cover, lift, chemicals.

Hot Springs -

Grandee - $9800 out the door

Vanguard - $8800 out the door

Tiger River Caspian - $7800 out the door

Sundance -

Optima - 2006 model - unopened with ozone, stereo, upgraded lift - $9500 out the door

Clearwater -

9100 Series - 2006 model - floor model - $8500 out the door

Anything looks better than the old United we have now, but I would like some opinions on the brands and the deals that were offered.

Thanks to everyone in advance. I appreciate the help! I want to buy this buy end of business tomorrow to have set-up for the weekend. :-)

DP

Caspian price is about on par with San Jose price (included ozone - cover lifter II added a couple hundred, worth it!)

I bought it - just got it set up yesterday - ours came from the factory, if they've already got it in the showroom you might have a bit more negotiation room (and really should be able to wet test!) You wet tested any of those? We narrowed our search down to the Caspian, an 07 Jacuzzi (435?) and an 07 Sundance in the same class (8', dual pump etc...)

When we wet tested we liked the Caspian better for seating comfort/jets. I posted some photos of the delivery/setup of mine here http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6732

Thanks for the input...nice looking tub! Have not wet tested as of yet, I really liked the Caspian as well. It is the best value of the bunch for sure. Wifey really likes the deeper well on the Optima as well as the stereo. You know the saying.."if momma ain't happy, then no one's happy". So I am probably leaning towards the Optima for a bit more $$'s.

I hear you...I probably could push that through if need be. What is your opinion on the spas I am considering? Should I also look at D1 and Jacuzzi. This is a want, not a need. We could just fix the old United and be done with it....

Thanks for all the input, keep it coming....