Putting In A Pool

kxdub

Folks,

The wife and I decided to install an inground pool here in Central PA. We did our research and narrowed it down to two companies. Decided to go with one of them. Now the other has called, and raised "issues" with the company we have chosen. "They are the last company you should buy a pool from, if not us try...", "There have been issues with safety ledges. we stopped installing those in the 80s. You should talk with..."

My thought is that they just want to make a sale, and don't want to lose out to this competitor. But who knows. we've never purchased a pool before. I guess my question is, do companies do this a lot in this industry? Are safety ledges, safe?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Pool companies will badmouth each other because they are each other's competition.

My recommendation:

1- Check each company out on the Better Business Bureau. Make sure that if there are complaints, that these have been resolved to the customers' satisfaction.

and

2- Ask around: Neighbours, co-workers, family, friends who own a pool... and find out if they were happy with the company they selected. There's nothing more valid than the customers' perspective on whether a company delivered on the goods.