Nasty Scuff.....

During delivery, my Tub's acrylic was scuffed pretty badly in 2 places. (Kind of pissed off.... but amazed that they got it in at all). The problem is the scuff is right around the control panel. What can I use (product or technique) to fix this. I believe the dealer is going to take care of this but have not been able to confirm as the owner is out of town currently.

Any recomendations?

You may be able to sand it out and then polish and wax - but I would sure let the dealer do it.

We had one a few months ago and I had to go and collect all the stuff I needed and return. I took a couple of those sanding sponges - the ones with multiple grit sanding surfaces. I took a selection from course to fine.

3msandingsponge.jpg

I used those to get to the bottom of the scratch and feather out the area.

Once it was flat, and dull, I used 400 wet followed by 600 wet. I had some 1200 wet, but I couldn't find it in the shop, so I stopped at 600 and went with a good polish by Mequiars - I don't remember exactly which one, but just about any of the good polishes they offer will work.

product_A2116.jpg

I put some spa polish on the whole area, and you couldn't tell it was ever scratched. Took less than an hour to do the whole job.

B)

Again thanks to Pathfinder and Chas....I took their suggestions and fixed it myself with stellar results. I started with 140 grit sandpaper to get down to base of scratch. Then Feathered by wet sanding with 240 grit, 400 grit and 800 grit. I then used a very fine acrylic cutting polish. Then protected it with Acrylic Surface Cleaner/Polish. And a coat of Megiars to top it off. Even my wife, who is extremely picky, was impressed. Thanks again!

Picture060-vi.jpg

Picture061-vi.jpg

Awesome. Can you work weekends?

B)