Depth Conversion, Make Deep End Shallower

Jere

"I am looking for any technical information (or companies I can pay for the details) on what it would take to make the 8.5 ft deep end of my 1978 era gunite(or shotcrete)/plaster pool shallower. I think 6 feet would be a good depth. The deep end area is about 10ft by 12ft that would need to be "raised" by about 2 feet. I found a picture of a pool that was undergoing a similar conversion that showed rebar being installed over the old deep end shell. I will probably subcontract the work, but I would like to know what I should expect. What type concrete is used? How much rebar (9" or 12" grid etc.)? Is the entire 2' filled with concrete or can I compact some kind of crushed stone fill in the area and then just pour in a layer of concrete on top of that, if so how many inches thick? Should the concrete be shotcrete? How do you bond the new bottom with the old bottom? What about the main drain? Do you drill holes for the rebar into the old shell or just suspend it in the new layer of concrete?

I am currently finished removing all of the old plaster. The plaster had been painted a couple of times after it started to thin with age.

I am located in Daphne, Alabama. Thanks in advance for any help."