Hot Tub Selection

Well I have narrowed it down to a couple of Tubs. I live in Ottawa so winters are a must :D All prices are rough estimates

Pacific Sparta at 9200 with the Power pack

Caldera Hawaiian 2005 model new 8000

Hot spring grandee 9200 2006 model

Caldera LTD Edition C30 8300

Keys backyard dx65

Now after spending quite a few hours reading this site (and noticed a lot of bickering :blink: ) Wouldnt mind some insight in my choices and yes I searched ;) But some posts are a couple years old already :D

The KEys backyard is a low end tub that won't have the same build quality, or insulating abilities as the other quality tubs.

I can't say much about the Pacific Sparta, I've nerver heard of them.....

Caldera and Hot springs are two very good brand tubs (and coincidently owned by the same parent company "Watkins").

Stick with a major known brand and wet test. Of the hotsprings and caldera tubs, which did you like best? why ?

Well it was more the price point. Seems hard now a days to stay below 9k for a hot tub. These were the ones I was looking at. The 05 doesnt seem to be discounted as much but has 4 pumps 1 circ pump. Which from my understanding would reduce operating costs. He just threw the Hotsprings in as other options. The grandee though seems to have a lot of jets in the same positions...

GRR this website...

$0.75 day to run the Hawaiian and the no questions asked replacement of parts. I guess with ph balance corrosion becomes an issue and can void the warranty on most pumps... :unsure:

This guy still has 05's for sale? Wow. Sounds like he ins't moving many tubs. Wet test the Caldera's and Hotsprings. Choose the one you like the best. You can't go wrong with those brands.

Either that or he ordered too many and isnt discounting old stock enough to move. 8000 to my door delivered with cover chemicals and lifter but no stairs regular 9995 I believe.

Funny how they get you 8995(i think) tub 05 model going for 6995 then taxes this and that and before you know it you can be almost at the same price as a new one.

Ex

05 Caldera Hawaiian 2005 model new 8000

07 Caldera LTD Edition C30 8300

I sell Pacific and depending what options are on that Sparta the price is very good its a deeper tub than than the others mentioned. The nice thing about the sparta is that both pumps are dual speed not 1 with dual and one single speed. The quality of construction on a Pacific for exceeds most of the popular brands that are touted on here.

I maybe be biased but you couldn t ask for better customer service from Dave and his crew at Sani Sol

A fully loaded sparta with the prestige package and the System-3 sanitation sells for $13,500.

If you have any questions just PM me

PacificSparta.jpg

A little out of my price range :D

I am also looking at the Arctic spas. I like the idea of non Full foam install in the event you have to repair something :D The problem I have is it is a little farther away and also the way the person was dealt with from the company... Leaves a bit to be desired (although management took care of him)

Well looked at the arctic spas was told the coyote Renegade for around 8600

The things I dont like so far

Pacific -not really much known about them and the dealer is about 1 hour away (water sampling)

Arctic other then the issues that I noted - no floor have to go higher up in tubs (which is one of the reasons I liked them but now....)

Maybe I need more Bling factor....

Pacific (aber manufacturing) has been building spas in Canada for over 30yrs The biggest problem was they basically had an identity crisis and not great marketing This is the first year they have finally committed to just calling the company Pacific Spas. Pacific really spends more on product development than marketing. You will see the name pop up more in the next couple of years as more attention is focussed on expanding the brand into the US.

Ebeing, the tub shown has 3 LED water falls, LED Tri Stream Fountain and LED Back lit headrests.