Need Spa Cover Lift Help Quickly

mommym

Our new Sundance Maxxus (1month old) is now going on our 3rd cover lift. Our purchase included an Ideal Cover Lift. The tech who installed it warned us to be very careful with this as we opened it and put it back very gently. On the 2nd time opening it the metal bracket connecting it to the tub literally sheared in half. This was with me being as careful as possible because of our advance warning. We were not home when the 2nd one was installed (again an Ideal Cover Lift) but when we went to open the spa (again gingerly) we noticed immediately one hydraulic lift was broken. The plastic hub that connected it to the bracket was in 3 pieces. There is also alot of rust on the bar that goes across the tub. (Makes me wonder if this was new out of the box) Now we are going to receive our 3rd lift tomorrow and I'm wondering if we should try a different brand or if we just got 2 lemons. The salesperson said he has not had complaints about the Ideal Cover Lift but he has very willingly offered me 2 alternatives at no extra charge.

My choices are as follows:

1) The Covermate 1 model. This is not on hydraulics but from how it's advertised it opens just as easily.

2) The CoverCaddy by Sundance.

3) Try yet another Ideal Cover Lift which would include warranty if we had more trouble. Our experience and the rust on the bar concern me I have to admit.

We have the biggest Sundance made (Maxxus) with the stereo so the cover has 2 large sections and one small one is that influences your recommendation.

Any advice ASAP would be appreciated because the tech is scheduled to come tomorrow and I'd love to not have to cancel if I had some good info. THANKS SO MUCH for reading this long post and any advice you can give me.

The Covermate I Lifter by Leisure Concepts is a top quality trouble free lifter. I think they have a model designed specifically for the Maxus, still a Covermate I. But, designed to work with the radius of the Maxus. We have been selling the CovermateI for years, with no returns. Goodluck and Enjoy. Dave.

I have a covermate myself for my arctic spa. It works awesome, easy to open and close and have had no problems whatesoever (have had my tub since mid Nov.). It also seems to be very sturdy in construction and in how it is mounted (and easily mounted it myself). I'm not sure of the type you are having problems with now, but if you do go with the covermate it's well made IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Go for the Covermate! I have never seen one break, and have worked on every spa I have had.

Covermate 3 is a high riser and the Covermate 1 is a little lower but set back more. Also, the cover caddy makes one where it is about the level of the spa hight.