Cal Spa

geotlyrae

IPB Image

Actually the 502 is fairly large and does not overflow easily as the height was taken fron the foot well and not the top of the spa, if the 4 using the spa were very large there is potential for over flow, but I think in most cases theres no reason to be concerned about over flow. My customers who own this tub absolutely love it and I'm confident you will also. Good LucK! ;)

Close to buying a Cal Spa j502. Its a small spa for 4 people and the wife likes it alot. My question is: This spa is only 34" high, while most of the spas on their site are 39.5". Is there a possibility of flooding the patio when 4 people are using it?? Thanks for the replies..

Whether or not the spa overflow has to do with 2 things:

1) The length and width dimensions of the inside of the spa toward the top, not at the footwell. If you took that same spa and somehow made it 50 inches deeper it would have no bearing on whether it overflowed unless you changed the inside L and W. It's all about water water displacement which is a relation between that inside LxW of the shell and

2) The size of the individuals getting in who are displacing that water. At 76" x 84" the 4 people would have to be pretty good sized for you to have a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies... I did buy the J-502, and Am very satisfied with it. Although, had a couple problems starting it up, right now it seems to work fine, except for one thing. This spa has a 24 hour circulating pump, but it turns itself off after we use it. I'm not sure if that's suppose to happen. We have to turn it on manually all the time. Is the pump meant to be on all the time?? Thanks..

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the replies... I did buy the J-502, and Am very satisfied with it. Although, had a couple problems starting it up, right now it seems to work fine, except for one thing. This spa has a 24 hour circulating pump, but it turns itself off after we use it. I'm not sure if that's suppose to happen. We have to turn it on manually all the time. Is the pump meant to be on all the time?? Thanks..

I beleive that is normal operating procedure. Does it turn off everytime you hop in. I know with some tubs it turns off because Ozone doesn't need to be dispensed or for safety reasons. Check with your local Cal spa dealer if they are still around.