Soulmate passion Spa

My hot tub was drained and move due to redoing deck. It was out of service for 4 months. I refilled, used bromine. Water turned green and large yellowish flakes. 
I used spa purge for the lines 24 hours before draining. My husband used a wet vac to drain. 
I bought a new filter , switched to chlorine, and refilled. The water is clear but there is still algae floating and in the filter. Please advise. I’m at a loss. Thank you

Bonnie Chance

Post a full set of test results. It will tell us what you need to do next. Also pictures of the water and filter would be helpful.

Also, exactly what chemicals did you put in when you initially started with bromine and when you redrained and switched to chlorine?

First, I am moving this post to the Hot Tub Water Chemistry section of the forum, which is a more appropriate place.

Second, why in the world did you put vinegar in your spa? Vinegar (5% acetic acid) has NO place in spa water chemistry! (There are some common household items that are used in spa water chemistry such as baking soda, which is what is sold as TA increaser, washing soda which is sold at pH up, liquid chlorine bleach which is the same as liquid chlorine but at about half the strength, and borax which is used as a water conditioner and to raise pH without having a major impact on TA. However, vinegar has no use in spa water care!)

Post a set of test results and list all the chemicals you have added to your spa since you drained and refilled such as the type of chlorine (dichlor, cal hypo, liquid chlorine, bleach, etc.), and any other chemicals you added (sodium bicarbonate or TA increaser, metal sequestrant, clairifier, pH up or pH down, etc.)

If you have visible algae then you will not have chlorine in the water. Are you even testing your water?

I would also recommend reading the pinned posts at the top of this section (Hot Tub Water Chemistry) of the forum.