SoftTub type hot tub vinyl liner pilling

Discojen

Searched and didn't find a topic relavent.  I have a SoftTub type of hot tub.  The lining is heavy duty vinyl (might be rubberized), but in less than a year the interior surface has pilled (like a sweater pills) with little balls of vinyl  that come off and clog my filters.  It currently doesn't leak at all so I'm not doing this to seal a leak, but obviously it will eventually leak as the pilling removes layers of the vinyl over time.  Clearly I am terrible at keeping the magic pH balance needed to prevent this so I don't want to spend $900 on a new liner and lots of swearing involved to install it when I know it will just happen again.  Do you think FlexSeal Liquid rolled on the surface would seal up the liner and prevent any additional pilling (and hopefully prevent what has pilled up from coming off)?   I'll brush off all the loose pilling before application so the surface is as smooth as possible before applying.  What say you?

SoftSpa.jpg