2018 HotSpring Envoy leak from ozonator?

Hoping you can help me diagnose a new leak. The leaking water comes out of a clear plastic tube opening at the bottom right side of my 2018 Envoy, same side as the secondary drain. I think this tube connects to the ozonator, since videos I've seen of ozonator maintenance show thin clear flexible tubes just like this. Any ideas on why water might dribble out of it? Check valve malfunction? It seems to dribble slightly faster when the jets are on, and I have also just noticed I have no bubbles coming out of the spa drain like I should with a functioning ozonator. Would love to fix this myself since it seems like the ozonator setup is reasonbly simple/not buried in foam. Thanks for any ideas!

So the ozonator generates ozone gas via corona discharge (high voltage static shock).

The ozonator module is connected (via a clear tube) to something called a "Mazzei injector" - this is the device which sucks the ozone gas into the water as it passes through the injector.

This injector is known to start leaking over time and thus a replacement mazzei injector is included with the ozonator replacement kit.

I'm not certain which drain line you're talking about nor do I think the injector has a drain line connection - but just wanted to let you know that the ozonator unit itself is not connected to the water - it's the mazzei injector that's interfacing with the water

image.png.7554d8a69c3cf8d340dbc8f75c34835b.png

• Like 1

This is helpful. I'm starting to think the tube may actually be part of the motomassage rig. There's an air intake for the motomassage, and it's on the same general side of the tub as this tube. I would have thought that intake should have its opening inside the cabinet and above the water line though. I've emailed my dealer to find out what this tube is (it's not in the manual), but I really want to do any repair needed myself if I can.

On 7/7/2023 at 2:12 PM, EnvoyOwner said:

There's an air intake for the motomassage, and it's on the same general side of the tub as this tube. I would have thought that intake should have its opening inside the cabinet and above the water line though

There is also a drain line at the bottom of the motomassager unit.  There is a nipple which connects the motomassager to the drain line hose.  It is a well known source of failure for them to crack and start to leak.

On 7/7/2023 at 2:12 PM, EnvoyOwner said:

I've emailed my dealer to find out what this tube is (it's not in the manual), but I really want to do any repair needed myself if I can.

Yeah, unfortunately Highlife spas are Hotspring/Watkins top-tier product.  They don't want to share proprietary intellectual property with their competitors.   Things like technical service documents, diagrams, parts lists etc are not shared with customers.   Hotspring/Watkins wants you to work with their authorized repair techs for most things.

It stinks, but it's understandable to protect their IP in this cutthroat industry.