sundance chelsee 780 temperature PLEASE HELP

mainardguy

good morning all, i have a 10 year old Sundance Chelsee hot tub. recently when i lifted off the cover temp was sitting at 63*f. Temperature was set to be at 98*f. the red light was on in the temp up arrow so it was asking for heat but doesn't go above 63*f. The temperature outside is below freezing (i am in Canada) so if the heater wasn't working it would most definitely be colder than 63. How can i see if it is the heater or the temperature sensor. if i disconnect the temp sensor and use a jumper wire should it heat up? then i would know if it is a bad sensor? Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated.

update- i have tested the temp sensor resistance and at 59*f it is approx 46.6k ohms which seems within range. i am out of ideas please help

Fareinheit Celsius OHMSΩ
59.00 15 48840
60.8 16 46680
Edited by mainardguy
NEW DATA

• mainardguy changed the title to sundance chelsee 780 temperature PLEASE HELP