intex purespa filters and e-90

cybern8

i've been buying the brand-name intex replacement filters and am having some weird problems with them.

1) after replacement, you can only run the spa for a few days then you'll get the e-90 code again. remove the filters (the entire housing AND the filters, not just the cartridge), and the problem goes away.

2) WITH the filters in place, i'm getting a bizarre build-up of sediment that's coming from i have NO idea where. i don't walk barefoot through mud and sand before i get into the spa, and i skim and vacuum it regularly. WHERE IS THIS CRAP COMING FROM?? i live in tucson az and have a brine tank water softener in case anyone asks about water quality.

so two questions --

Q1. anyone else having these issues, and if so have you solved them?

Q2. are there any -better- filter cartridges other than the intex ones that any of you are using and finding they do NOT have this problem?