Old Genesis System - Sodium Bromide

Newbie here...I imagine this may have been discussed somewhere but I am having a hard time understanding my options now. We have an Arctic Spa Tub from about 2009. Was high end (at the time) and had the Genesis salt system installed on it as well. Was working great for the last 10 odd years. I managed to track down a new salt cell changed the salt cell pre-Covid and worked great. Would like to re-open the tub for the season but have called many dealers but it looks like dealers in Canada no longer can carry or sell any sodium bromide products, including the liquid BromAid which I used every year to get things up and running. 

I would prefer not to go with the bromine or Chlorine pucks and floater because it's too hard to keep levels consistent and too hard on the skin. Would really like to continue using this Genesis salt system if possible. 

1) Is there anywhere I can still purchase the liquid BromAid? I don't see it anywhere in Canada and in the USA, I see sodium bromide crystals but no liquid. Is this the same thing? 

2) If I managed to purchase some in the USA, would I be allowed to bring it back to Canada or is it just against the law for dealers to sell it in Canada? 

3) I don't understand what the risks are after reading the new bulletin from Health Canada. Is it just that the system is not as hygenic and doesn't kill off bacteria well enough? Or are there cancer risks associated with using this sort of system? If it's the former, I am fine taking that risk and would monitor the levels more consistently if so. If the latter, I don't want to assume those risks. 

Thanks for the help!