Nature2 Grit...

I have an Arctic spa with the Peak Ozone system. After giving up on bromine, I've been using the Nature2 sticks for the last year or so. Those work great for the first month, but water seemed to turn bad very quickly after that. Water ends up mostly clear, but very musty smelling. I was using the Arctic Refresh (MPS) to shock occasionally, and Lithium at startup and once or twice if there was a heavy load (which didn't happen very often). If anything I'd say there was very light usage over the winter.

What I need help with, is that while using Nature2 I started getting "gritty" deposits on my shell and on the jet dials.. Any idea what this is and how I can get rid of it? There's no discoloration and calcium hardness seems to be in the right range.

I'm giving up on Nature2 since I don't think it does much and switching to a Genesys bromine generator later this month, but I want to fix this grittyness on my shell. It does slowly come off with a cleaning brush, but I'm not that patient... Ideas?