Moto Massage Air Tube Leak

ZHMMY

Hot Spring leaks to the level of the Moto Massage jets.

The Air Tube was broken at connection to the MM jet.

I blew through the Air Tube and there is a gurgling sound, indicating water in the air line.

Can water leak out through the Air Tube? Is it possible for a siphoning action to start because of the Air Tube dangling open  in the water?

I replied to this on the other topic you started.   It is possible that it is leaking from the air tube but I doubt that is your problem.  I belive that the outlet of the air tube goes above the water line so gravity would keep it from leaking out there unless there is another break in the air tube somewhere in the cabinet.  You can plug off the end of that air tube and see if that resolves the problem.    

The leak is most likely coming from a broken bleed nipple.  It is not a bad or expensive fix.   Here a link to more info.   

Hi Saxy, 

Thanks for the reply. I know you are probably right about the Nipple. However, I haven't a clue where it is.

Unfortunately this Classic Model F is solid fiberglas all the way around except for the pump/circuit board area.

I don't see anything like the nipple inside the Moto Massage cavity so I suppose it is somewhere inside the fiberglas housing.

Or is it behind the faceplate of one of the other jets?

As I understand this hot tub weighs almost 800 lbs so tipping it on its side would be a bit difficult since it is inside a room I built especially for a spa.

I have spent literally hours looking for a diagram of the plumbing. Surely Hot Springs keeps documents like that but they won't even reply to my emails.

If I could somehow know exactly where the nipple is I could saw out a hole to reach it.

Any suggestions, or am I, as the good ol' boys say,  'screwed, rued and tattooed'?

• 11 months later...