Marquis Spa OHH Error

DjPiLL

My Marquis Epic (2011 I think) has been giving off random OHH errors for the past few months.  Very random times maybe every 3-4 days.  It also happened during my last water change.  I filled it, water couldn't been more than 80 degrees and the tub would say it was 107.  It eventually corrected itself and went down, but this is very random.  

My flow seems fine, water coming out of the jets as they normally do even on low speed.  Temps here are in the mid 70s (northeast) so i don't think its due to the weather.  

My dealer originally said to change the filters (even though I just changed them last year).  This did not help as I got an OHH today.  The dealer is going to be quick to recommend a board replacement at a crooked number most likely.  Looking online here I know this spa heater has two temperature probes.  Could it be possible that replacing the heater with the probes replaced may solve the issue as this issue is very random?

One other data point, the hot tub did give me a HOT error a few weeks ago and this happened.  My GFI box outside started beeping and when I reset the GFI and the hot tub powered on the HOT error came on.  I couldn't figure out how to fix it.  Eventually after doing extensive research online I saw that putting the A1 dip switch to the on position and then powering on the hot tub fixes that (in case anybody else needs to know how to do this).  After the hot tub turned on and error cleared I put the switch back to off and power cycled again.  I think even though the breaker tripped the hot tub wasn't happy and displayed the HOT error.  Funny the dealer actually couldn't tell me what the HOT error was for and immediately said any HOT error needs a board changed (likely not true).

TIA

• 1 year later...