How to get my pool water clear

I don't know how this works but here it goes. I have a 37x15x6 inground pool with a sand filter. The pool was green and a pool cleaner put something in the pool and you could see the bottom but he never came back to vaccum it. Needless to say it turned back green. My husband and I have been watching videos and testing the water, adding chemicals, back washing the pump and it has turned a light blue but you still can't see the bottom. I have been pulling leave and algea up with a pool skimmer net. We have tried flocculent and clarifier. Nothing has worked and it been a week. What should I do next? 

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2018 at 1:56 PM, Kmekab said:

I don't know how this works but here it goes. I have a 37x15x6 inground pool with a sand filter. The pool was green and a pool cleaner put something in the pool and you could see the bottom but he never came back to vaccum it. Needless to say it turned back green. My husband and I have been watching videos and testing the water, adding chemicals, back washing the pump and it has turned a light blue but you still can't see the bottom. I have been pulling leave and algea up with a pool skimmer net. We have tried flocculent and clarifier. Nothing has worked and it been a week. What should I do next? 

It’s possible you have two things going on. 

First:  orthophosphates which are food for algae, defertilize you water with Orenda PR10000. 

Bump up your chlorine as you kill algae at it will be releasing stored up phosphates. 

Second:  organic matter in your pool needs to be addressed as well. Organic wastes come from the environment and from swimmers. Using CV600 enzymes will digest the organics and gas them off removing it from your water. 

Follow manufacturers instructions on the bottles and your water will sparkle as never before. 

Down load the free Orenda App to your smart phone to help you with water chemistry and adding chemicals.