hot spot sorrento electrical question

hello,

I  acquired a 2005 hot spot "sorrento" hot tub from a friend. the unit is in excellent condition but it does need a new pump due to a bad shaft seal.  the wet end pump head and or seals are not available anymore and they want you to buy an updated wave master 6000 pump for almost $500.  I found a comparable pump with wet end installed (same spec and over all measurements as the one I'm taking out of the spa for $225. My question is: the sorrento comes wired for 115V or 230V, you can use the 115V cord they supply or you can hard wire it for 230V and  change some internal "pins" on the circuit board to reflect the change. my friend had his hard wired for 230V and made the changes on the main board but I don't under stand why the main pump that I'm replacing is labeled  115V? does the spa's circuit board reduce power (volts) to the pump motor, how can a 115V motor run on both 115 or 230V.  any idea's let me know because I can buy a 230V motor/pump as well for the same price.  here is the owners manual , see page 5 and 6  about the 230V conversion, doesn't say anything about the motor/pump having to be changed.

https://www.hotspring.com/sites/default/files/hot_spot_owners_manual_2006a.pdf

thanks in advance to anyone who can set me straight on the pump voltage question.

Lyndwood

IM not 100 percent sure on pumps... but with motors most can be ran either 110 or 220.  The advantage of 220v is they draw less amperage and run more efficient.  Usually the motors have a wiring plate to show you how to wire it for 110 or 220.  I would assume the same for the pumps.  I would always buy a 220v pump if possible as long as you have a 220v outlet easily accesible.