Hotspring TX bleach method.

K9powered

I bought a new Hotspring TX (140 gal) in July. It came with the Nature 2 cartridge, an ozone system and a starter kit of chemicals. I purchased the K2006 test kit after using the test strips that came with the tub. They suck!! Since day 1 I felt like it was using too much chlorine. I would need to add clorine evrey day, even when no one used the tub just to keep the level fro dropping to zero. So after about 21 days, I had a high CYA level I decided to purge the system and do a refill. Now 28 days later my CYA level is up to 100. Last night I drained it and did a refill (no purge). Dealer is of no help, they tell me I need to use more MPS, and I think I am allergic to it. The routine the dealer wanted me to use was as follows... Before each use rotate between 1TBSP of Oxidizer and 1/2 TSP of Chlorine. The label on the Oxidezer says use 1 TBSP once a week in 200 gallons!! I don't know what effects too much Oxidezer has on the water, but my skin didn't like it. I then just statted using it once a week and that issue went away.TA, CH, and PH were all in the recomended range. I admit I am a newbie but I think the dealer really sent me down the wrong road..i have some experience with the k2006 test kit and pools at my job, but not hot tubs.

I have been reading about the bleach method and I think that is my answer, but the owners manual for the tub specifically says not to use bleach or any sodium hypochlorite product. I am concerned about voiding my warranty and or damaging my tub. Could there be some hidden reason that this method will hurt my tub? I really don't want to drain this tub evrey month. Any help you guys can give me would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!!