Aqua Rest and Dream Maker Spas

Hello all.I just joined the forum so I could get some guidance and opinions on a new spa purchase.It has been several years since we have owned a spa and would like the jump back in.The last one we owned was a Dream Maker spa that was purchased used for $300.We added an ozonator and kept it for a few trouble free years before losing interest and selling it on.

We are now considering purchasing a new spa which we intend to put on our rear deck.We don't need a large one with tons of bells and whistles since it's just the two of us that will be using it.Since we had good luck with the Dream Maker we would consider this brand but I noticed that Aqua Rest Spas look very similar to our old Dream Maker.Are these two brands made by the same parent company?Pricing on the Dream Maker is higher than Aqua Rest.

Are these the same spa? 

Aqua Rest AR-400  $1999 from Home Depot.http://www.homedepot.com/p/AquaRest-Spas-AR-400-4-Person-Spa-with-14-Jet-in-Stainless-Steel-Easy-Plug-N-Play-and-LED-Waterfall-in-Graystone-120-Volt-X4H-UHS-GG-5/206161964

Dream Maker Riverside $2499 factory direct.http://dreammakerspas.com/product/riverside/

Any advice or comment are appreciated.Thanks.

3 hours ago, Jpdewar said:

I purchase a new Dreammaker [ ES2-PU1-BS-FS] over the internet with Ozonator in Oct.2013 for $3,131, free shipping.

Works well and I am very happy......FYI....I live in Arizona.

Thanks Jp.Our local spa dealer sais that on smaller hot tubs the ozonator feature is not really required due to the smaller amount of water which makes it easier to maintain the proper chemical levels.

I would think that an ozonator would work much more efficiently on a smaller hot tub because there's less water to be treated.  The problem with ozone is it has a very short life, decomposing to regular oxygen in minutes if not less, so a smaller tub should be treated better because there's less water to circulate.

Thanks for that info Dave.We will be looking at a gently used Cove C500 (Nordic Retreat) this weekend.I know this is a bigger spa but we may be able to get it for just a few hundred dollars more than the entry level Dream Maker.I will update this thread with what we decide.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello. I recently bought a year old aqua rest dream maker 400 second hand. The spa was working fine until yesterday and now the jets won’t turn on. The display pad is working and I can turn the temp up and down and turn the lights on. When I try to push the button for the jets I can hear a clicking noise in the bottom of the panel but the light goes right out and they never turn on. I’ve tried unplugging it, resetting it but none of that help.