Hot Springs Spa Temperature Gauge Not Working After Water Change Out

Hello,

Need a little help, please. I changed out the water yesterday on my Hot Springs Spa (the Prodigy model purchased February 2005) and nothing is showing up on the temperature gauge. It was working perfectly before I changed the water. When I turned the power back on after changing the water (first the 20 AMp and then the 30 AMP -- can't remember which one was first but I tried it both ways) the temperature gauge came on for about half a minute and then went blank. When I press the plus or minus button to see the temperature, nothing appears. The heater is working though and the water heats up fine. The jets are working as well. Please advise. Thank you.

You might want to check you fuses. I just got a hot tub up and running (I bought used) and had nothing on the display - one of the little fuses was blown.

Hello,

Need a little help, please. I changed out the water yesterday on my Hot Springs Spa (the Prodigy model purchased February 2005) and nothing is showing up on the temperature gauge. It was working perfectly before I changed the water. When I turned the power back on after changing the water (first the 20 AMp and then the 30 AMP -- can't remember which one was first but I tried it both ways) the temperature gauge came on for about half a minute and then went blank. When I press the plus or minus button to see the temperature, nothing appears. The heater is working though and the water heats up fine. The jets are working as well. Please advise. Thank you.

There are no fuses on that model that, if blown, would cause that.

When working properly, the display "goes to sleep" after about 30 seconds. Pressing the temp buttons should wake it up. If it's not waking up, the control head is not working properly. Sometimes, it just means one of the buttons is being held down by a sticky face-plate button. You can try removing the control head (pop out the light cover over the control head, unscrew the two screws, then wiggle the entire thing out), remove the faceplate from the control head, then try pressing the buttons directly on the control head. If it works, you can just clean the faceplate buttons, or replace the faceplate. If it doesn't, it will need a new control head.