Spa Cover Retaining Water

taruntyagi14

Hello Guys,

We have a in ground spa in our backyard. It has a cover also which retains water from either rain or just overnight dew.

With time it gets heavier and to make it lighter I manually have to drain the water out of the cover.

What has gone wrong with the cover ?

Google suggest that I should get a new cover. Is that true ?

Thank you so much for your time.

Google is never wrong ;-)

HOW, do you manually drain out the water. Also, where exacty is it accumulating (there's multipul layers of a cover and exaclt where it accumulates would determin what if anything can be done (as well as the cause).

Thank you for your reply Dr. Spa.

There is a big zip around the periphery of the cover that I am using to drain the excess water out.

The plastic cover inside the spa cover has also teared so the water is going inside.

If you think that I will have to get a new spa cover I would love to hear any suggestions from you.

Can I not cover the spa cover with something cheap as we are not using the SPA that much now a days ?

Thank you again for your time.

Google is never wrong ;-)

HOW, do you manually drain out the water. Also, where exacty is it accumulating (there's multipul layers of a cover and exaclt where it accumulates would determin what if anything can be done (as well as the cause).

• 1 month later...