Ah-Some Cleaner Issues.

DFWDamon

Hi!

I'm having some issues on the purge and clean process with my spa.

It's a 550 gal. Beachcomber.

I'm using ahh-some to clean before refill. It foams A-LOT when running the blowers. 2-3 in above water line. When I drain it leaves behind a sticky, green, gel-like residue at the water line, seat surfaces, around the drain, and around the filter intake.

I heat the tub to 104, put 1 tablespoon of ahh-some in the water, and run all jets and blowers for 30 min.

The film takes some serious scrubbing to get off. I use a brush, warm water to remove. My fear is that this crud is in the pipes where I can't scrub.

My wife thinks it is a result of the ahh-some. Any advice or tips are very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

@Newbie

I too am getting ready to use the Ahh-Some Hot Tub Cleaner and after reading it's detailed instructions, regarding the left behind film, they say to mix a ⅛ teaspoon with 32 oz of water in a spray bottle and use this mixture to clean the shell, seats, water line, etc.

Here is the link for further details: http://ahh-some.com/docs/instructions_Ahh-Some_HotTub.pdf

Hope this helps.

LakeLizard

• 5 months later...

Did you not simply try a paper towel or terry cloth (better) that was wetted with the ahhsome in the tub? Ahhsome traps grease and biofilm and oils into a caked like goop similar to splilling fat on an oven. You cannot think just wiping the goop will work. Next time dip a towel in the tub and clean gunk off. It comes off easily. The best part is that the ahhsome encapsulates so this oil will remain together...that means it all gets on the towel and not back in the water.